Emulation Problems with certain GBA games on the DS, please help!

Solid_Snake_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here, have some problems that I haven't been able to find answers to for a long time, figured I would ask. Sorry if these have been posted before, I tried looking through the forums to avoid double posting and couldn't find anything.

First off, I'm using a CycloDS Evolution with a 4 GB Micro SD card, and an ezflash V cart. I've got plenty of space on everything, have tried re-downloading these games numerous times, and I keep getting the same problem. With...

1. Classic NES Series - Xevious
2. Classic NES Series - Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
3. Mega Man & Bass
4. Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
5. Shining Soul
6. Shining Soul II

...I cannot get them to appear on my GBA folder when using the CycloDS, period. They are just not there. I've checked to make sure they are in the correct home folder on my computer, I've tried the ROM's on my computer to make sure they actually work (and they do), but when i turn on my DS and go to find these games in my GBA folder, they just aren't there.

On a completely different issue that just occurred, I was playing through Fire Emblem on the GBA yesterday, got to like the third chapter, saved, turned the system off. When I came back to it today, my save file was not there, just 3 new game files. This also just happened to me on Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis, I'm starting to think that saves in general just aren't working now on my GBA side, which is strange since this has never happened before and I've played plenty of my GBA games with no save problems whatsoever for the past few months. Also, when re-loading my cart back onto my computer, save files for both games are present, but the saves still won't appear when loading the games.

If anyone could help with either of these issues, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much in advance.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Classic nes need external patching (not sure if the cyclo team added them into the onboard patching). It is so much easier (and more featured: savestates, rewind (on the DS), cheats, smaller sizes.....) when using a NES emulator though.
Patches (should be somewhere in the download section as well):
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=63195

The rest had a few problems with some carts way back when but they should be fine now. You might want to try rudolph's tool or one of the others instead of onboard patching as well.

Solid_Snake_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually able to fix getting the games to appear, I just deleted a lot of my other GBA games. Maybe there is a limit to how many you can put on the system at one time, regardless of how much room you have left on the card...? I dunno, deleting stuff worked though!

However I'm still having a problem with getting Fire Emblem to save, I think I remember hearing something about ROM's that are 16 mb or over having some kind of special issue, I could be completely out of the ballpark but I think that's what I remember... Anyone have a solution? Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1