Problems updating to 4.0 (brick)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 000how, Apr 24, 2009.

Apr 24, 2009

Problems updating to 4.0 (brick) by 000how at 6:01 PM (1,238 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. 000how
    OP

Newcomer 000how Newbie

Spain
    Hi, this my first topic that i post, i come to this forum for desesperation, at first please, sorry for my english (i know that not is perfect).

Reciently i update my wii from 3.2e to 4.0 by wanin updater, i folow this steps:

-[This an error] run Hack remover
    -[this a fix] reinstall preloader 0.28

-Copy and take care of all my saved games
    -[This an error] install ios61
    -install ios60 parched
    -Install wanin 4.0 firmware updater
    -Install preloader 0.29
    -reinstall cioscopr

At this stage i can run my backups from disk channel, for this reason i try this:

-Install ios60 parched

At this stage i briked my wii, i dont know who but shows a warning menssage advirsing that the memory are corrupted. I try changing mi ios startup from ios60 to ios249, now runs perfect, load backups (without chip), disk channels runs perfect and HBC are here; But i cant use SDHC cards, the reason are that the ios249 dont have suport for this.

For this reason im trying to recovery my ios60, but i cant, if i reinstall them and change the ios startup continius show the warning menssage and dont load anything.
    Im bored of trying, please help.

2. TheShadowOfX

Newcomer TheShadowOfX Newbie

United States
    Reinstall preloader, and you'll be fine.

3. 000how
    OP

Newcomer 000how Newbie

Spain
    No are problems for reinstal preloader with a brick?

4. TheShadowOfX

Newcomer TheShadowOfX Newbie

United States
    You said if you changed your preloader settings to use ios249 it worked fine, not a brick. Hold down the reset button when you boot your wii to boot into preloader, launch hbc, and reinstall preloader

5. The_Hulkster

Member The_Hulkster GBAtemp Regular

Maybe you should give it some water, Gatorade might do the trick as well. [​IMG]

Sorry, that wasn't helpful at all, I know. Just couldn't resist
    Just try the above mentioned options.

6. ILLPLEASA

Newcomer ILLPLEASA Member

United States
    As stated in the previous posts, you did not brick your Wii. The menu files corrupt screen is normal part of the process.. Here is the rest of the process following that screen. (Snatched it from an off-site tutorial)

-----------------

Step 4 (for cIOScorp): Your system menu should now say "System menu files corrupt. Please consult manual for troubleshooting".
    DO NOT WORRY! Hold the reset button and you will be prompted into Preloader. Launch the Homebrew Channel through Preloader and re-install Preloader.

Step 5 (for cIOScorp): Once it is reinstalled, you will be back at the Preloader menu. Select System Menu and it should be intact, fully functional with backups playing fine.

7. 000how
    OP

Newcomer 000how Newbie

Spain
    Soooooooooooooooooooooo thanks at all Except The_Hulkster (obviusly) [​IMG] . i could yet set ios60 at start system menu, and now im testing my new SDHC card. The spanish tutorials are so bad, dont say anything about this.

This forums are a great place. [​IMG]

8. 000how
    OP

Newcomer 000how Newbie

Spain
    Ho! wait.

The backup loader doesnt load, what can be the cause?

I re install the ios60, can be this?

I can reintall the cioscorp?

9. 000how
    OP

Newcomer 000how Newbie

Spain
    UP

I lose the backup load, i try to reinstall cioscorp but send me error -1 (maybe thats are yet instaled), what supose that i need to do?

ILLPLEASA, u can pass me the url of that tutorial?

Seting up ios249 at start i can load backups, but with ios60 no, What the difference? I need any patcher?

EDIT: Now I cant install any .wad file, in ios249 or ios60, the unique difference at the last wad installed is the reinstall of the preloader, this is normal?