Hacking Problems running some games (Zelda TP, SSBB)

bolex17

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok guys, The only reason I am posting this here is because it is my last resort. I have spent countless hour searching for solutions on how to get these games to work.

A Little background, my Wii is a NTSC-U console which is currently running on 3.2U with Softmii (Preloader 2.8 and CIOSCorp)..
Before this I was using Gamma Backup Launcher 0.3 combined with Starfall which allowed SSBB and Zelda:TP to work flawlessly!. After hearing all the good things about Softmii I decided to give it a go and install it. At first I thought it was pretty cool as it allowed most of my backups to run directly from the disk channel. A few days later I decided to try and play Brawl but got greeted with the dreaded "White Screen of Death" followed by the green screen about the disk error. I thought at first the disk was just scratched so I burnt another copy (Verbatm DVD-R burnt at 4x) But same thing happened. I thought oh well nevermind Brawl and havnt played it since.

Then the other day I wanted to play Zelda:TP but the game just froze on the white screen when you start the game followed by the disk error.
I thought screw it, I'll remove Softmii and go back to Backup Launcher. So this is what I have done.....
Re-installed the original IOS's through Wad Manager,
Ran Hack Remover to remove ALL of system menu hack
Updated to 3.4 through System Update,
Ran cIOS Uninstaller,
Used AnyTitleDeleter to delete IOS 249

-----

Here is what I have done to reinstall Gamma Launcher
Downgraded Wii Firmware back to 3.2U with AnyRegionChanger
Ran IOS Downgrader
Installed cIOS249-IOS36-rev07.wad through WAD manager
Installed the cIOS which came with the Backup Launcher 0.3 package.

I then launched Zelda:TP through the backup launcher and... it froze on the white screen again then gave me the disk error message... Same problem with Brawl it gives me the white screen of death followed by the green disk error screen.

Before you all say that the error is caused by a bad burn, These games have been working fine before (As in before i decided to install Softmii).

So at the moment I am kinda stumped.. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that maybe the game relies on certain IOS to run or something.. (I read somewhere on this forum that Zelda relies on IOS9 to run which I tried downloading and install through WAD manager but it still won't work).. Is there a way to restore the Wii back to default factory setting with all the standard IOS's installed and all the other crap removed?

Sorry for this long ass post, But i wanted to provide as much detail as possible to what I have done so far.

Thanks in Advance.

Edit:
All other games run without issues (Tatsunoko VS Capcom, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy etc) It is only these two games that causes trouble.

bolex17

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply mate,

I forgot to mention in the OP that my copy of Brawl is the compressed version which can fit onto a single 4.5GB DVD (DVD5 Version i assume).

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
bolex17 said:
Here is what I have done to reinstall Gamma Launcher
Downgraded Wii Firmware back to 3.2U with AnyRegionChanger
Ran IOS Downgrader
Installed cIOS249-IOS36-rev07.wad through WAD manager
Installed the cIOS which came with the Backup Launcher 0.3 package.

Did you run these steps in the same order you have listed? Because you have to first run IOS downgrader before using AnyRegionChanger. Maybe you should upgrade back to 3.4 and then follow this guide.

QUOTE(Dinoguy @ Mar 1 2009, 09:38 PM) SSBB uses a dual layer disk so you might need one of thoses and LoZ TP probaly uses the same thing.
TP is a single layer disk. As far as I know Brawl is the only Wii game that uses a dual-layer disk.

bolex17

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A little update on my situation.. Strangely i picked up a pack of Taiyo Yuden DVD-R today and tried to burn Zelda onto it and strangely it worked flawlessly..
Strange.. Havnt tried with brawl yet, i will need to redump the iso soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: though my mom has documents here on my pc