Problems reading files

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by leonheart_a, Sep 24, 2008.

Sep 24, 2008

Problems reading files by leonheart_a at 10:37 PM (900 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. leonheart_a
    OP

Member leonheart_a GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I recently bought a new laptop, it has vista. On my old PC (XP) i would plug the G6 real in and it would install neccesary drivers etc and then i would be able to use it. However i plug it into my laptop and it wont work. It says it failed to install drivers and couldnt find any solutions etc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Edit: It also seems my old PC cant install drivers to. The thing is i know i have used it with bothe the PC and laptop before

2. DarthYoshi

Member DarthYoshi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm pretty sure the G6DS Real doesn't install ANY drivers. Basically, when my computer says something like "installing new hardware", it means that it isn't recognizing the G6DS Real. When that happens, just unplug the USB from the PC and replug it in again. It may take several tries. And whenever you get the chance, you should backup your card.

Note: You don't have to "safely remove hardware" when that happens because it's not recognizing it. You only have to safely remove when it's recognized.

If your computers STILL don't recognize it, try putting it in the DS to make sure the DS still recognizes it. If it doesn't, you probably have to reformat it. If you reformat, reformat from the DS, NOT the PC.