Problems, I want answers

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Gohobojoe, Nov 28, 2008.

Nov 28, 2008

Problems, I want answers by Gohobojoe at 2:54 AM (1,524 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Gohobojoe
    OP

Member Gohobojoe GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    When I close my DS instead of the light going on every couple seconds, it goes on and off quickly, and when the light goes on, the screens go on also, then when the light goes off, the screen goes off.

What's causing this?

And why can't I undub Rune Factory 2? And why does it hang occasionally in Rune Factory 2? And my last question, do I have to keep to cheat on for CT for the entire game, or just that one part in the Fair?

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    what do you mean by "When I close my DS instead of the light going on every couple seconds, it goes on and off quickly, and when the light goes on, the screens go on also, then when the light goes off, the screen goes off. "is it the ds's failure?or dstt?
    "And why does it hang occasionally in Rune Factory 2?"doesn't hang on mine,try a clean rom.
    "And my last question, do I have to keep to cheat on for CT for the entire game, or just that one part in the Fair?"not sure,you could try on your own but it's best to keep it on,yeah...

3. Gohobojoe
    OP

Canada
    Normally, when you close a DS that's on, it goes into sleep mode. Except, when I close it now, the thing keeps on getting into sleep mode and out of sleep mode every second.

4. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Is it one game in particular or all games that do it? Have you definitely got a genuine DSTT or is it a clone?

5. Gohobojoe
    OP

Canada
    I checked, and it is genuine. It's only happening with two recent games that I put on. Rune Factory 2 and Chrono Trigger. There is another game that I put, Luminous Arc 2, but that's not causing any problems at all.

Also, changing the rom worked. It doesn't hang anymore when I soft reset or get a game over screen.

6. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I haven't had a chance to try either of them myself yet. I'll try and test them on my DSTT later and let you know what happens.

7. ShadowStitch

Member ShadowStitch Devilot's Tubtoy

United States
    After I updated to the newest firmware, (on a legit cart,) mine started doing this as well....every time I close the lid, the power light flickers, the screens flash on and off, and it makes a "TIC TIC TIC TIC" sound.... What the hell?

8. tony9595

Newcomer tony9595 Newbie

Mexico
    I had a problem like this with my DS, this used to happen to me while playing Castlevania PoP, using my original game card, not a flash card, so it might not have nothing to do with your DSTT

9. ShadowStitch

Member ShadowStitch Devilot's Tubtoy

United States
    I think it might be a pin/contact problem.... since after I cleaned my cartridge contacts really well, and reseated it in the DS, the problem went away.

10. rajendra82

Newcomer rajendra82 Advanced Member

United States
    I haven't noticed this, but the new firmware added display of a clock as a feature. Screen flashing every second and a tic-tic-tic sounds suspiciously like it is related to the clock display being updated.