Problems finding Slot 2 device for use with Cyclo DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Animehead, May 24, 2009.

1. Animehead
    OP

Newcomer Animehead Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hey guys,
    I bought the Cyclo DS Evolution with a 4gb card a while back and i`m really happy with it. I didn`t realise at the time i would need a slot 2 device to play GBA roms and now I would really love to be able to do that. HOWEVER all the reviews/info i have researched on the net seem to all be quite contradictory and no-one seems to be able to agree on which one is best. I should mention have an ORIGINAL model DS- Someone i know suggested getting the Cyclo DS mini for gba stuff however i can`t find it in any online stores. I am not bothered about any additional features I just want to be able to play the widest range of GBA roms possible.
    Also: even if all of the available slot 2 devices have poor compatability could this be improved by the Cyclo DS Evolution`s auto patching ability?
    Thanks in advance

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Best option would be the Phat-sized EZ-Flash 3in1 expansion pack. The CycloDS can natively work with this, or you can use GBA ExpLoader to manage it. Don't get a slot-2 CycloDS product - they're worse than the slot-2 Supercard products, which aren't that good with GBA games.

3. Animehead
    OP

Newcomer Animehead Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the help. I`ll scour the net for who`s got the best deals....wow talk about misinformation I had read somewhere that there was only an EZ3IN1 for the DS lite...damn liars!

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States