Problems dumping games

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Talaria, Dec 11, 2008.

Dec 11, 2008

Problems dumping games by Talaria at 3:46 AM (727 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Talaria
    OP

Member Talaria ...

New Zealand
    Well i tried to dump a game via wifi using Waninoko's Wii DVD dumper 1.2, but because at the moment I'm reduced to using a crappy laptop with not much hard drive space left. So I was sending it straight to my 8GB flash drive in the computer. It was working wonderfully, downloading the iso to the flash drive at the normal rate among many users of the Homebrew Application at around 560 KB/s. But when it reached exactly 4.00 GB the download stopped claiming that my flash drive ('Disk' in the error message on computer) did not have any space left. My first immediate thought was my flash drive was really a 4GB model hacked to look like 8GB but i then proceded to put more files on so it totalled over 5GB. So i re-formatted my flash drive to Fat 32 and tried the dumping process again and alas it stopped at 4.00 GB with the same message coming from firefox. Any ideas/help thanks?

Edit- Should've maybe posted this in the Computer related discussions section as this is all to do with my Flash drive and laptop rather than the wii program itself [​IMG]

2. SanGor

Member SanGor Witchhunter

United States
    FAT32 only allows files up to 4GB.

3. Talaria
    OP

Member Talaria ...

New Zealand
    Am I able to format it to NTFS? That should allow me to put a file on which is bigger than 4GB right?

Edit- Silly me facepalm.gif , should work fine now. Probably should upgrade my hard drive sometime.