OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cainsdomain.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in the processes of dumping my games with NDS Backup Tool Wifi so I can play them on my Acekard 2i but I'm having problems getting Final Fantasy III to work. I'm using a DS Lite with an Acekard 2i using AKAIO 1.8.5. When I try to run the rom it shows the first couple of screens with the company logo and then I get a black screen and nothing else. I get the same result whether or not I use a trimmed rom. I have yet to load the rom up in an emulator but I plan on trying that tonight. All the other roms I dumped seem to work fine so I don't know if it's a problem with NDS Backup Tool or maybe it's with AKAIO. Has anyone had similar problems with this game or another?

Freek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i had this same issue...ak2i running 1.8.5a

come to find out it was my SD card...it was too slow...swapped cards and it works...also if u want to continue to use the same sd card you have...once u see the company screens...just hit A and keep hitting it and it will get to the main menu

the black screens are the intro video not being able to play due to a slow read time on the sd card

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dargent said:
It's so clear that you met such problem . Beause you AK 2i card can't match with your ds lite.
How can you do that stupid thing!
unsure.gif

But don't afraid , you just need to change another flahcard , if you like the fonctions of Acekard 2i, i think the Acekard who made by the same team and facture can meet your satisfaction.
yaynds.gif

You, sir, are an idiot.

By the way, I, being fail at Français, would not order from a site that says "cartes pour ds lite ak2 version noel".

EDIT: From what French I do know, "cards for DS lite Ak2 Christmas version"???

Seriously?

cain05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cainsdomain.com
XP
Country
Canada
Freek said:
So i had this same issue...ak2i running 1.8.5a

come to find out it was my SD card...it was too slow...swapped cards and it works...also if u want to continue to use the same sd card you have...once u see the company screens...just hit A and keep hitting it and it will get to the main menu

the black screens are the intro video not being able to play due to a slow read time on the sd card

Yeah I ended up finding that out in another thread. I guess I'll have to look for a better SD card to make sure I don't run into issues with other games as well.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Evo.lve said:
EDIT: From what French I do know, "cards for DS lite Ak2 Christmas version"???

Seriously?
You're quite right but they were in fact genuine. The cart was exactly the same, it was only the packaging that was Christmas'd up a notch.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cain05 said:
I'm in the processes of dumping my games with NDS Backup Tool Wifi so I can play them on my Acekard 2i but I'm having problems getting Final Fantasy III to work. I'm using a DS Lite with an Acekard 2i using AKAIO 1.8.5. When I try to run the rom it shows the first couple of screens with the company logo and then I get a black screen and nothing else. I get the same result whether or not I use a trimmed rom. I have yet to load the rom up in an emulator but I plan on trying that tonight. All the other roms I dumped seem to work fine so I don't know if it's a problem with NDS Backup Tool or maybe it's with AKAIO. Has anyone had similar problems with this game or another?
Have you tried 1.8.5a? It supposedly works better on slower MicroSDs. Though I'm not sure it would solve your problem, I can't see it hurting.
You put it ontop of 1.8.5 and choose to overwrite files if asked.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1.8.5a does NOT supposedly work better on slower MicroSD's.

it fixed the "Ak4menu not found" error message 1/2 of the people ran into when upgrading. It's needed for certain combinations of brands of microsd's and AK revisions.

The functionality is 1:1 the same, with exception of fixing the error on startup.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
i own a Christmas Edition AK2i. It's the same thing, different package. You could get it, guess what, around christmas time.

And there is no reason to insult people based on what language they speak / what nationality they are. Only truly witless people would do such a thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs