Problems dumping Final Fantasy III

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by cain05, Feb 15, 2011.

Feb 15, 2011
  1. cain05
    OP

Newcomer cain05 Member

Canada
    I'm in the processes of dumping my games with NDS Backup Tool Wifi so I can play them on my Acekard 2i but I'm having problems getting Final Fantasy III to work. I'm using a DS Lite with an Acekard 2i using AKAIO 1.8.5. When I try to run the rom it shows the first couple of screens with the company logo and then I get a black screen and nothing else. I get the same result whether or not I use a trimmed rom. I have yet to load the rom up in an emulator but I plan on trying that tonight. All the other roms I dumped seem to work fine so I don't know if it's a problem with NDS Backup Tool or maybe it's with AKAIO. Has anyone had similar problems with this game or another?

2. Freek

Newcomer Freek Member

United States
    So i had this same issue...ak2i running 1.8.5a

come to find out it was my SD card...it was too slow...swapped cards and it works...also if u want to continue to use the same sd card you have...once u see the company screens...just hit A and keep hitting it and it will get to the main menu

the black screens are the intro video not being able to play due to a slow read time on the sd card

3. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    You, sir, are an idiot.

By the way, I, being fail at Français, would not order from a site that says "cartes pour ds lite ak2 version noel".

EDIT: From what French I do know, "cards for DS lite Ak2 Christmas version"???

Seriously?

4. cain05
    OP

Newcomer cain05 Member

Canada
    Yeah I ended up finding that out in another thread. I guess I'll have to look for a better SD card to make sure I don't run into issues with other games as well.

5. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    You're quite right but they were in fact genuine. The cart was exactly the same, it was only the packaging that was Christmas'd up a notch.

6. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Have you tried 1.8.5a? It supposedly works better on slower MicroSDs. Though I'm not sure it would solve your problem, I can't see it hurting.
    You put it ontop of 1.8.5 and choose to overwrite files if asked.

7. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    1.8.5a does NOT supposedly work better on slower MicroSD's.

it fixed the "Ak4menu not found" error message 1/2 of the people ran into when upgrading. It's needed for certain combinations of brands of microsd's and AK revisions.

The functionality is 1:1 the same, with exception of fixing the error on startup.

8. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada

9. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    I don't know enough French to know a bit of what you said, but I got the gist of it. I think.