OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cainsdomain.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in the processes of dumping my games with NDS Backup Tool Wifi so I can play them on my Acekard 2i but I'm having problems getting Final Fantasy III to work. I'm using a DS Lite with an Acekard 2i using AKAIO 1.8.5. When I try to run the rom it shows the first couple of screens with the company logo and then I get a black screen and nothing else. I get the same result whether or not I use a trimmed rom. I have yet to load the rom up in an emulator but I plan on trying that tonight. All the other roms I dumped seem to work fine so I don't know if it's a problem with NDS Backup Tool or maybe it's with AKAIO. Has anyone had similar problems with this game or another?

Freek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i had this same issue...ak2i running 1.8.5a

come to find out it was my SD card...it was too slow...swapped cards and it works...also if u want to continue to use the same sd card you have...once u see the company screens...just hit A and keep hitting it and it will get to the main menu

the black screens are the intro video not being able to play due to a slow read time on the sd card

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dargent said:
It's so clear that you met such problem . Beause you AK 2i card can't match with your ds lite.
How can you do that stupid thing!
unsure.gif

But don't afraid , you just need to change another flahcard , if you like the fonctions of Acekard 2i, i think the Acekard who made by the same team and facture can meet your satisfaction.
yaynds.gif

You, sir, are an idiot.

By the way, I, being fail at Français, would not order from a site that says "cartes pour ds lite ak2 version noel".

EDIT: From what French I do know, "cards for DS lite Ak2 Christmas version"???

Seriously?

cain05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cainsdomain.com
XP
Country
Canada
Freek said:
So i had this same issue...ak2i running 1.8.5a

come to find out it was my SD card...it was too slow...swapped cards and it works...also if u want to continue to use the same sd card you have...once u see the company screens...just hit A and keep hitting it and it will get to the main menu

the black screens are the intro video not being able to play due to a slow read time on the sd card

Yeah I ended up finding that out in another thread. I guess I'll have to look for a better SD card to make sure I don't run into issues with other games as well.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Evo.lve said:
EDIT: From what French I do know, "cards for DS lite Ak2 Christmas version"???

Seriously?
You're quite right but they were in fact genuine. The cart was exactly the same, it was only the packaging that was Christmas'd up a notch.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cain05 said:
I'm in the processes of dumping my games with NDS Backup Tool Wifi so I can play them on my Acekard 2i but I'm having problems getting Final Fantasy III to work. I'm using a DS Lite with an Acekard 2i using AKAIO 1.8.5. When I try to run the rom it shows the first couple of screens with the company logo and then I get a black screen and nothing else. I get the same result whether or not I use a trimmed rom. I have yet to load the rom up in an emulator but I plan on trying that tonight. All the other roms I dumped seem to work fine so I don't know if it's a problem with NDS Backup Tool or maybe it's with AKAIO. Has anyone had similar problems with this game or another?
Have you tried 1.8.5a? It supposedly works better on slower MicroSDs. Though I'm not sure it would solve your problem, I can't see it hurting.
You put it ontop of 1.8.5 and choose to overwrite files if asked.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1.8.5a does NOT supposedly work better on slower MicroSD's.

it fixed the "Ak4menu not found" error message 1/2 of the people ran into when upgrading. It's needed for certain combinations of brands of microsd's and AK revisions.

The functionality is 1:1 the same, with exception of fixing the error on startup.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
i own a Christmas Edition AK2i. It's the same thing, different package. You could get it, guess what, around christmas time.

And there is no reason to insult people based on what language they speak / what nationality they are. Only truly witless people would do such a thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    There is zero instacart delivery to here. No door dash. No Uber. Notta. Its a small farming community
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eagerly awaiting 4x 8TB HDDs to get delivered today
    So I drive the 30 miles there, spend $100-$150 on groceries, and drive back home. Still saved $$$ after gas over shopping locally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think you could make deals with local farmers
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I could make a killing there doing instcart there :D @RedColoredStars
    It makes the trip even more worth it if I'm out of my medication and need to stop by the medical dispensary. I try to line the two up to avoid extra trips.
    +1
    @AncientBoi, Except the town is pretty MAGA infested. People still flying TRUMP 2016 flags all over. They didnt get the memo the year changed since then. lol.
    +1
    They passed a city ordinance last month. No smoking cannabis in public. Not even eating gummies. $300 fine and misdemeanor charge if caught. People can walk down the street smoking cigs and tossing the butts all over, but God forbit someone take a couple puffs of their medication.
    +1
    First off, it's recreationally legal here. Secondly, I have a prescription from my doctor and approved by the state. But still a fucking criminal.
    +1
    Like at bars. Cant sit outside even in the smoking section and take a few puffs. Yet I have to breath the cig smoke from 20 people chain smoking all night in every direction around me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial
    They cite
    public health and safety concerns" LMAO!!! Yet they do nothing about the poison drinking water quality.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The look at how they treated me card is powerful within dumb voters
    A Trump win is certainly a possibility. If he's reelected, 4 more years then no one has to worry about him being president ever again. I survived last time, I'll survive it if there's a next time. Don't know how anyone could vote for the guy, but I'm also not anyone else but me.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly things were cheaper with Trump but that's tounge and cheek could be exactly the same outcome if he won reelection
    All of the fake "Christians" vote for him even though he's broken like 8 of the 10 commandments... that we know of. Maybe all 10. LOL
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A president is just a public figure within America
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    South park put it will there's always a bite between a turd sandwhich or a giant douce
    +1
    I like when he says stuff like "They are preventing me from talking!!!" Wait. What? You mean the person that is literally talking right now.. is being prevented from talking? LOL! Gag order also does not apply to taking the stand. He's free to say whatever he'd like. lolol
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    holy fuck this discsussion sucks, where are my sisters
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well if it sucks stop blowing turd sandwhich
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, convince your parents to make a sister for you
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    parents? what parents?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People who screwed each other to make you