Hacking Problem with YS menu O.o

hyun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everytime i tried to go into the YS menu ( i go to the normal one first then Ys menu )but it just freeze the screen
U guys know the blue square thing that goes around if it's loading right? that thing stop and just freeze but sometimes ys menu works only sometimes..
Wat happen to my dstt??

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree with Damademan3 here. You could try reformatting your microSD card, but it seems like if it's a problem with the card the regular TTMenu wouldn't be working correctly. It sounds as though YSMenu might not be installed correctly. Make sure you have the latest version of both TTMenu and YSMenu. Install TTMenu (copy TTMENU.DAT and the TTMENU folder to your card). Then run "ttextract.exe" on another copy of TTMENU.DAT from TTMenu . Put the resulting two files into the TTMENU folder on your microSD card along with the two skin files for YSMenu (YSMenu1.bmp and YSMenu2.bmp). Edit YSMenu.ini and change the language to English if you want, then put it into the TTMENU folder on your microSD card. Finally, put YSMenu.nds onto the root of your microSD card.

-Bri

Kimmimaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm also having probs with YSMENu..I Cant Load it..Give Me a Blank Screen..
I have no idea What i Did Wrong..
Maybe.."run "ttextract.exe" on another copy of TTMENU.DAT from TTMenu"
I dont quite understand this step...
Sry for my english.

-FOund Out..Its Only works with my 2GB microSD ,No for 4GB...Thats means YSmenu DOesnt Support 4GB ?

Seina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YSMenu works on my 8GB, but I have to take everything off and reformat when I change too much on it, which turns out to be all the time.

The TTMENU.DAT from the official menu is the one you run ttextract.exe on. Copy YSMENU.NDS, the custom TTMENU.DAT included with YSMenu, to the root of your microsd card. Make a copy of it there and call that one TTMENU.DAT. This one included with YSMenu is not the one you run ttextract on.

Don't copy the official TTMENU.DAT to your card. It's only needed to run ttextract on. Run ttextract.exe with it in the same folder.

After you've run ttextract on that TTMENU.DAT, copy ttdldi.dat, ttpatch.dat, and YSMenu.ini to the TTMenu folder on your microsd card.

You can also make a copy of the official TTMENU.DAT, rename it something with an .NDS extension and copy it to the root of your card to let you open the official menu when you're in YSMenu. YSMENU.NDS gets you back to YSMenu from the official menu.

hyun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx guys i reformat my micro sd and set the ys menu up and it worked I rly apprciae it!!
yaynds.gif

Aezra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've got a quick question. I have Y's running fine on my DSTT but is there a way to change the language from Japanese to English?

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Aezra said:
I've got a quick question. I have Y's running fine on my DSTT but is there a way to change the language from Japanese to English?

Check the .ini file. You should see something on top that says a bunch of other languages. Remove the ; beside "English" and put a ; beside Japanese. That should change it

Aezra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Brilliant, cheers mate.

Edit:

Just wondering if I have to do a similar thing to get the skins working? I've renamed two BMP images (taken from my old dstt skin) to YSMenu1.bmp and YSMenu2.bmp but it just seems to auto default back to the original.

I checked the .ini and it has the following:

; INI FileName for Skin (default YSMenu.ini)
SKIN=

Edit2:

Don't worry, I got them working. I tried two new bmp files (from an r4 skin), renamed them exactly as above and they worked. Kinda weird, might have been image size I guess.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
umm i need help too... mine doesnt work.. when i encrypt the ys menu and the ds menu .DAT comes up then i put every thing in my r4 and it doesnt work
do u guys have ys menu...if u do could u puta link up so i could download those files ty.....

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
can anyone explain me what YS menu is please?
What is a YSmenu?
QUOTE(Aezra @ Jan 2 2009, 08:32 PM)

To all: for info on YSMenu - I've done a post here which explain What (is YSMenu)/Where (Do you get it)/How (to use it) (No problem solving though-Sorry
frown.gif
)
find it @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142497

I'm hoping a moderator finds it useful enough to make it a 'Sticky' & as I find more info I'll add it
[Don't hold your breath though as I can't read Japanese
laugh.gif
]

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Aezra said:
Don't worry, I got them working. I tried two new bmp files (from an r4 skin), renamed them exactly as above and they worked. Kinda weird, might have been image size I guess.

If you still wondering why they didn't work then one way to find out the differences between them is load them into your favorite Art package - & look for a function that give you at 'Picture Info' about them

You'll be able to then see what size they are & also the number of Colours in it. The size may of been OK but it could be that one was 256 colours & the other was 32,000.
I understand some flash cards can be fussy over the number of colours used in a graphic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1