Hacking Problem with youtube tutorials.

frecton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section, my problem goes under this, but is a bit off topic.

I have made tutorials on youtube for the GW 3ds, and I had to stop because of copyright claims. I'm really confused on who I should ask about these.

I made a video named:How to use a GW (GateWay) Card on 9.2 3DS!

And I have received a copyright strike on my channel, but I have not infrindhed any laws in the UK. All I have done is a video showcasing the use of a GW on a 3ds, I haven't linked any sites that you can download roms from or anything that would be considered illegal.

Second of all, I do not even reside, neither have I ever been to Belgium so what is wrong with them?

So does anyone know what this is about? I don't want my channel to be closed down

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
did you appen to use a song on the video? cuz its kinda odd that happened..

or did you show roms or games? its weird..

frecton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
did you appen to use a song on the video? cuz its kinda odd that happened..

or did you show roms or games? its weird..

Haven't done any of that, no music in the background, no showing roms, I'm just confused on why this is happening, its things like this that made me want to move away from youtube in the first place

frecton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Most "dumb" people refer a Flashcard to an R4, anything that can play DS games is an R4 to them.

I guess, but it just doesn't make sense, if it happened to me, and a friend of mine (He told me about it, and got his account suspended like 2 days ago) I think this will happen to many more people who upload things on GateWay, although I still have a video where actual roms are shown, but the BAF did not take it down.

Maybe a warning should be issued on one of the subforums for people wanting to make youtube tutorials?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why should there be a warning given?
3DS section can't read stickies ;p

I got no clue but there might be a tutorial or 2 about setting up Gateway here already.
Not to mention that people will always make threads asking questions on which they can find in tutorials ;]

frecton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why should there be a warning given?
3DS section can't read stickies ;p

I got no clue but there might be a tutorial or 2 about setting up Gateway here already.
Not to mention that people will always make threads asking questions on which they can find in tutorials ;]

It was just a thought, I guess I'll just have to stick with the strike. I'm guessing something new will be made to replace youtube soon as the copyright issues for everything is getting out of hand now.
If you search it up on youtube, you will get many different results.

Just pointing the fact out to others.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
It was just a thought, I guess I'll just have to stick with the strike. I'm guessing something new will be made to replace youtube soon as the copyright issues for everything is getting out of hand now.
If you search it up on youtube, you will get many different results.

Just pointing the fact out to others.

there is no need somethinng new, i mean, youtube is not the only video sharing service...
if i recall correctly http://www.dailymotion.com/ is the 2nd biggest one? lots of people using it over youtube because that reasons...

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'd keep it traditional and make a written tutorial with pictures.
Atleast that won't get taken down ;]

i am with you, i preefer a lot more tutorials in text and pictures that way i can see the whole thing faster and i dont need to follow the video along.. i can just read and do in my own timing... with a youtube you need to pause\and sometimes you are there waiting for the next part appears..

but sometimes feels nice to have a video guide, specially when you having something broken on your side, in a video you can compare and check exactly where is the problem (for example a missing option or something you need timing (like when trying to giltch a game and you need to press buttons really fast)
also videos are great in disasembly something, pictures can be hard to show how to do it...

but in gateway case, i prefer text with optional pictures, but "illiterate people" (who shouldn't use this kinds of stuff anyway, to dont complain about their briked 3ds) still earn more from videos...

also, unboxing videos are great (if done propertly)... but unboxing text\pictures are not... (the problem with unboxing videos is i only see them once before purchasing the item to check if its what i wanted)

frecton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just going to stick with the idea of moving away from youtube as a whole, its becoming pretty s*** imo. I guess guides are also good for people who want to see how the process should be done and how it should look after pressing every button.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just for info, it is the BAF Who did this

motherfucking BAF they got me for a HOMEBREW cover flow ROM manager called DSCOVERED for a tutorial (when the video was up undisturbed for 2 years!!)

btw it's not the BAF. The BAF is just Nintendo's bitch. They don't like something they will tell the BAF to get rid of it. The BAF is working on behalf of Nintendo. The copyright strike letter I got showed that Nintendo of America filed the complaint. Bastards And Fuckers can suck it and swallow.

However MrMario2011 uploads tons and tons of Gateway videos and no one has said a peep, yet he has a lot of views and subscribers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...