Problem With VBA Save and DS

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by jmln1, Jul 6, 2009.

Jul 6, 2009

Problem With VBA Save and DS by jmln1 at 1:37 AM (1,711 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. jmln1
    OP

Newcomer jmln1 Newbie

Argentina
    Hi, I have this problem for I while, I tried to figure it out for myself, searched a lot, but still I couldnt find any solution...
    I have a DS Lite, an EZ 3-in-1, and several GBA games, played with VBA.
    When I try to put them on the slot 1 card and play, some of them (specifically some Pokemon Games) gives the message:
    "The Save File has been Deleted..."
    Throught various guides, I figured it out that it is (parcially, maybe) because of incorrect save type (the saves are 64k and should be 128k). I still can play some of the saves in the VBA, so there is a way to read them.
    My question is: Is there a way to recover the info on the saves, maybe transforming them, or with AR Codes, or do anybody knowns a solution to the save file deleted error? Thanks in advance.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    pokemon games require a RTC patch (to the rom) to play on the 3in1. The only exception to this patch is the pokemon red, it doesn't use RTC.

you can use the gba backup tool, it is able to back up/restore save data or make a rom image of a game. Exception is the EEPROM save types:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3581

3. jmln1
    OP

Newcomer jmln1 Newbie

Argentina
    Thanks for the answer, but it wasnt what I was asking...
    I want to repaire a GBA .sav, that I used to play in the VBA and cant open with the EZ 3-in-1...

4. GentleFist

GentleFist Newbie

iv'e been expiriencing problems with savegames and my m3r as well~~

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Without a reference save file and knowledge of how the save info is stored, you can't repair another save file. And NO you wouldn't be able to make a GENERIC gba save repair tool, it would be game specific.

you can try this topic, might be what you want. You will have to read all of it to find what your looking for:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=62867