Hardware Problem with the charge and dock!

rosendohl13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I recently fixed a Nintendo Switch that had a lot of bad components, including the charging port, the M92T36 and the PI3USB. After that it charges fine but only from one side of the cable, not both. I checked all the pins of the charging port and they all seemed fine to me. I even replaced the charge port again but still doing the same. My question is, what component should be causing the board to do that? I'd really appreciate any help! Thanks:)

SolidSnakeUk89

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the only component I can think of would be the pads of the charging port.

I would check on both sides, if 5v does gets through the main VBUS and I believe CC1 and CC2 pings are the ones that detect the plug so I would check if those pads have continuity into the board and together.

upload_2019-10-16_19-47-27.png

rosendohl13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only component I can think of would be the pads of the charging port.

I would check on both sides, if 5v does gets through the main VBUS and I believe CC1 and CC2 pings are the ones that detect the plug so I would check if those pads have continuity into the board and together.

View attachment 182896

Hello man, thanks for replying back. That's very interesting, based on that pinout I can try to jumper CC1 with CC2 and see what happens. I'll let you know!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse