Hacking Problem with r4 upgrade sdhc running latest r4i firmware.

Zombie.G.S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have encountered a problem with my card and i am unable to find solution so if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. My card crashed the other night while creating a save file for assassins creed, upon rebooting my ds i wa greeted with the menu? Screen in red. The micro sd when plugged into my laptop showed as having no files on it but no free space either so i formatted it with the panasonic tool and reinstalled the firmware and games and it was fine for about an hour at which point it did the same thing while loading a level on skate it. Hope i have provided enough info and i hope someone ca help......please.......you can haz cheezburger?

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So hang on... I want to get my facts Straight, The R4 Upgrade sdhc card right?
Its black?, Black sticker with White/Silver writing on it? Saying R4 upgrade sdhc and nothing else?
What is the name of this "Latest firmware" And from what site was this downloaded from?
happy.gif

I ask all of this was i have previously mis-lead people before on accident, and dont want to do that same to you
happy.gif

anubiss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The message " MENU ??" shows that your downloading is not correct. You probably didn't extract the "R4i English V1.11b" to TF card's root-directory. Pls remember to TF card's root-directory!!! A lot of people 's extract software will build a folder "R4i English V1.11b".
Pls do carefully as the following STEPS:
i> Format MicroSD card
ii> Going to download website: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp
R4-SDHC and R4i-SDHC's Kernel software are the sames: V1. 11b

There are two columns "download" on this page, choose the left column ,Realse date: [2009-9-29]

iii> Downlaod, and extract the "R4i English V1.11b" to TF card. Confirm there're the belowing files on TF card's root-directory(Notice):

moonmemo ---Sub-directory
moonshl2 ---Sub-directory
R4iMenu ---Sub-directory
R4 ---DAT file

Zombie.G.S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes it is the r4 upgrade sdhc with the black cart and silvered sticker, i installed the r4i english v1.11 firmware. As i mentioned though the card was working fine untill it crashed and only then did i get the menu? screen. I know i have put the right firmware on the right card but i don't know what is causing the problem or what is causing the memory card to show as full when the file directory appears empty?

Zombie.G.S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i am using the r4i firmware which is supposed to be compatable but i have to wonder if the firmware is causing the game crashes and consequent sd erasure.
Think i might just give up and get an ak2i

Zombie.G.S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i am using the r4i firmware which is supposed to be compatable but i have to wonder if the firmware is causing the game crashes and consequent sd erasure.
Think i might just give up and get an ak2i

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thestig514 said:
It might be u r using R4i firmware. They have stopped producing firmware for R4 SDHC Upgrade. I know, i've got one.
Wrong. The site itself shows you that they are still updating the firmware, and that the new firmwares work on the R4 SDHCs and the 1.4 R4i SDHCs. I don't understand how people get this wrong when they have big flashing pictures on the download page to draw your attention to it.

@ Zombie.G.S: Does your card have the web address "www.r4i-sdhc.com" printed on the front? If so, the issue is probably with your microSD card. If not, then you're using the wrong firmware for your card.

Zombie.G.S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes that is the web address shown on the card but the problem has occured now with multiple sd cards and formatting tools (Including panasonic). Does the 4 upgrade sdhc support ysmenu? If so where can i get it?

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No, its the SD card, you have the right firmware, i have the IDENTICAL card and am using the same firmware, it HAS to be the SD card, it may be formatted wrong or something, else you have a damaged card

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
By new Card you mean....?
If by new card you mean a new SD, then the flashcart is the problem
If by new cart you mean Flashcart then the SD is the problem.
BUT If its the SD, the flashcart is obviously picking it up, so it would be a firmware issue
So maybe i was wrong from before, and the firmware you have is NOT correct.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I suggest trying an older firmware, let's say 1.10b. i've got the older version of the card, and i'm not using it anymore. I'm using ak2i, and it's way better, but the r4i isn't to bad either. And it's not worth upgrading to the AK2i if you can get this card to work properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-