Hacking Problem with QQ3DS (only DS card)

mironicus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I purchased a QQ3DS for my new 3DS XL (2015), firmware 9.0.0-20e. The 3DS flash card works fine (like Sky3DS), but if I insert the DS Mode card I get a black screen with the error message "An error has occured".

It's like in this video (at the end).

The card runs fine on my old DS Lite but not on the 3DS. I figured out that many users had similar problems with R4 cards and a firmware update can fix this. However I don't know which update I need to download for this DS card.

The DS Card shows up as "Deep Labyrinth" from Atlus USA on the 3DS.

The launcher file on the sd card is is "_DSMENU.DAT".
The QQ3DS website only offers these files that should be saved on the micro sd. They don't offer any manual to download how to setup the card.
http://filetrip.net/dl?C9CoddNxMP

mironicus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The firmware is stock 9.0, it's not the latest. QQ3Ds has made videos that shows that the DS card works on firmware 9.4 on a new 3DS. The card has a silver sticker with "Truth Inquiry" on the back, so it should be a R4 card (a clone).

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, the same happens with my Acekard2i after whitelisting DS flashcards.
Not that I care, I use the GW blue card.
I know my AK2i is kind of shitty, with lousy contacts that I have to clean often and try many times for it to even work on my DS lite, so perhaps that is the problem with that.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Usually that error occurs when a flashcard is included in the blacklist. So yes, it is probably you got a DS mode card that is blacklisted on your current firmware.

mironicus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I don't know which files to use for updating. QQ3Ds only offers the launcher files and no internal firmware updates.
The card launches "_DSMENU.DAT" from the micro sd but the original Wood R4 Kernel updates have the little different launcher name "_DS_MENU.DAT".

http://www.r4wood.com/pages/wood-r4-kernel.html
I downloaded files from this site and I renamed the launcher file to "_DSMENU.DAT" but they don't start, only the file from QQ3DS website works (tested with a DS Lite, the card works on it, but not on the 3DS).

Attachments

• DSC_0065.JPG
    DSC_0065.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 540
  • DSC_0066.JPG
    DSC_0066.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 394

mironicus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is a picture from my Nintendo DS lite using the DS card. At the bottom there is information about the supported firmware.

Attachments

• DSC_0067.JPG
    DSC_0067.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 402

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one of these (QQ3DS DS mode carts) today and it works fine on N3DS with 10.1 US Firmware. on the sysmenu the cart says Deep Labyrinth Atlus USA Inc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche