Gaming Problem with PSX Games

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well ... i have 4.01 M-33 2 and i tried Klonoa and Digimon World 3 now and Klonoa is only black screen after sony logo and Digimon World has major bugs ...

any way to fix this ?

is there maybe a better working PSX emu for PSP than the official one ?

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well in the espalpsp readme it says i need 3.02 B but there is no A or B in the popsloader and with 3.02 it doesn't work ... whenever i change the room i get either black screen or psp shuts down ... but well i will try 3.71 ...

----

same error
sleep.gif

man i thaught a official emulator would do better than this ... 2 out of 2 games i got are unplayable

-----

no version does work
frown.gif
everywhere same error while changing room ...

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
well in the espalpsp readme it says i need 3.02 B but there is no A or B in the popsloader and with 3.02 it doesn't work ... whenever i change the room i get either black screen or psp shuts down ... but well i will try 3.71 ...

Well if you have M33, 3.71 Pops is the best, I'd use that

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well like i sayed didn't work with any version ...

any idea if the kernel version i use has some effect ?

and maybe the region ? my PSP is set german but the game is American ...

the PSP itselfs is region free but what about the PSX emu stuff ? do i need to set my psp to American maybe ?

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i searched a little bit trough the web and there are several ppl saying it helps changing the ID

now i only need to know where and how to do this ...

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well i tried what i read elswere and used another id when compiling the psx game into eboot and it worked ... seems that with the original US id it won't work
dunno if it was the JP id or whatever but with the other one it currently seems to work just fine ...

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ZombiePosessor said:
Here's a "PSX on PSP Compatibility List" Wiki for popsloader running PSX games on PSP.

http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title...patibility_List

Excellent site, I've added to the Wiki many times.

Cool didn't know about that page ...

there is the same thing about the ID that i found out thanks to google ...

Now if there is someone who knows more about this stuff, i would be pretty much interested to get an explanation how the different id makes such a difference in compatibility ?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It is true that different versions of the game have different IDs, but it's not region based. The only three versions that make any difference is NTSC-J, NTSC-U, and PAL-E, in that order (due to the order of processing and releasing those games). The ID given to these games typically relate to the release # of those games. However, 99% of all games you'll find on the internet will be NTSC-U, so this doesn't make a difference.

As for what difference the ID makes, I really can't say. Some people report better results playing with some IDs or POPS versions than others. The details of people's findings can be found in the above given link. http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title...patibility_List

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)