Hacking Problem with Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

mastermodr94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a retail copy of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire I wanted to dump and continue using the save with a cia version of the game. I have tried using the Gateway Menu to dump the game and then use it with my gateway card as a .3ds but it says that the save is corrupted. Also I tried using savedatafiler with the .3ds mounted and it says the save is broken. Is there any way I can transfer my save? I have been trying different things for hours but cannot get anything to work. Thanks.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
save file gets stores on the card. you can mount it and select extract save from CTR card but AFIAK you can't extract it from the actual cartridge. Gateway can't read the cartridge on 4.5/9.2 and in classic mode you can't run save file extractor.
Maybe the new 3.00 gateway exploit will allow it, or possibly the 4.5 CFW,

mastermodr94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
save file gets stores on the card. you can mount it and select extract save from CTR card but AFIAK you can't extract it from the actual cartridge. Gateway can't read the cartridge on 4.5/9.2 and in classic mode you can't run save file extractor.
Maybe the new 3.00 gateway exploit will allow it, or possibly the 4.5 CFW,
Yea I think im going to attempt the cfw to see if it will work although because the save was generated with a 6.x key I am unsure of whether it will work

farlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I think im going to attempt the cfw to see if it will work although because the save was generated with a 6.x key I am unsure of whether it will work

You did everything right but the secret is you have to rename the dump from .3ds to .3dz, I made the same mistake :) Works fine after that (assuming your save was made in Gateway Classic Mode).

Reactions: Margen67

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Gateway mode still uses the old save encryption despite being on native fw that supports the newer encryption. Looks like you were lucky and saved your pokemon game on the old encryption. Note that if you update your sysnand to a high enough fw using a game cartridge, you will no longer be able to use the retail cartridge save in classic mode (nor in unmodified mode either).

For me it's the other way around. I saved my pokemon games while on 8.x/9.x fw. So they use the correct save encryption the games were meant to use. Thus if I downgrade to 4.5 fw, I can no longer use my retail games.

Because Gateway mode doesn't use the new save keys yet, that also means that my dumped copy of Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon X report corrupt saves.

BUT, I was lucky as there is a tool out there can decrypt Pokemon X/Y/ORAS PowerSave saves. (save backups made using PowerSaves device) I owned a PowerSaves prior to buying my Gateway, so I just went through the steps to decrypt my pokemon saves with it.

Then took the decrypted saves and simply used SaveDataFiler to import them into the dumped rom version of the games. Problem solved! :D

mastermodr94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway mode still uses the old save encryption despite being on native fw that supports the newer encryption. Looks like you were lucky and saved your pokemon game on the old encryption. Note that if you update your sysnand to a high enough fw using a game cartridge, you will no longer be able to use the retail cartridge save in classic mode (nor in unmodified mode either).

For me it's the other way around. I saved my pokemon games while on 8.x/9.x fw. So they use the correct save encryption the games were meant to use. Thus if I downgrade to 4.5 fw, I can no longer use my retail games.

Because Gateway mode doesn't use the new save keys yet, that also means that my dumped copy of Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon X report corrupt saves.

BUT, I was lucky as there is a tool out there can decrypt Pokemon X/Y/ORAS PowerSave saves. (save backups made using PowerSaves device) I owned a PowerSaves prior to buying my Gateway, so I just went through the steps to decrypt my pokemon saves with it.

Then took the decrypted saves and simply used SaveDataFiler to import them into the dumped rom version of the games. Problem solved! :D
Please can you list the tool you used or PM me it if it cannot be shared in regular forums. I really would appreciate it. I have a powersaves device

Sammt424

If you read this, you are an idiot.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What tool is out there? Do you have the link? You can PM if that is against forum rules.

mastermodr94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found one:
Guide to getting your save file open in PKHeX:

Make a backup with Powersaves.

Make a copy of that backup, and replace all of the bytes in the copy past 0x9C with FF: http://i.snag.gy/lem0O.jpg

Next, download my Datel checksum corrector ( http://www.mediafire.com/download/kn...ksum_Fixer.zip ). Open it up and open the edited copy, then hit save. (Remove the " - [fixed]" from the savename so that powersaves will see it.).

Now, open powersaves, and restore the edited FF save file. (You should see two saves with identical names, it's the second one.).

Put your cartridge into your 3ds, and go to the main menu. Then, close the game and put the cartridge back in the powersaves dongle.

In powersaves, apply the "Slot 1 x999 modifier code." After doing that, remove your cart from the powersaves dongle, then stick it back in. Now make a backup of your cartridge's save file.

At this point, you can restore your original save file backup.

The backup you just made after applying the code, removing the cart, and putting it back in has garbage default data in SAVE2, but a completely blank SAVE1 -- this means it is just your xorpad for save1.

At this point, make a copy of the backup you just made and rename it save1keystream.bin for easy remembering ability.

You can now use this to open a save in PKHeX! If you want to open a save, XOR save1keystream.bin with the powersaves backup of whatever save you want to check out (I recommend http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/xorfiles.html ), and then delete the first 0x9C bytes in a hex editor (I use HxD). Save the file with the 0x9C header removed, and you can open it in PKHeX totally fine: http://i.snag.gy/x2jJ8.jpg

FYI: with ORAS after you put the zeroed out save on you cartridge you need to only get to the language selection screen then hit home and close it.

After you have a Decrypted save you can use savedatafiler to put it into a .3ds or a .cia

mastermodr94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep I used a mixture of that guide and then the too Apache linked to actually get the save file. Also when importing using savedatafiler make sure to delete the secure key so it will recognize the save.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question somewhat related to whats being asked here. So I updated my 3ds to 7.2 with Pokemon Sapphire catridge. Saved my game on the sd card, and downgraded back to 4.5. Can I install pokemon cia on 4.5 govanify CFW and have it work with this save?

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is this exclusive to the structure of ORAS's save file? If I had a powersave, could I use that to dump and decrypt the saves for any game that uses 6.1-encryption?

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
So long story short, unless I buy a PowerSaves device, I'm out of luck in regards to continuing my retail game save on a ROM?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end