Hardware Problem with my SuperCard DSTWO

DietWeed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've had my Supercard DSTWO for a couple months now. I use it on my 3DS XL and everything had been working fine. Only problem had been sometimes I would have to repeatedly put the card in my 3DS XL and then take it out again. But last night my game froze on it and since then, the card being played or the 3DS XL even registering it only happens very slim amounts of the time and when it does it freezes after about a minute. Is my cart busted or is it just the 3DS XL not registering the cart? I was going to try using one of my friends regular DS's soon to check if the cart is broken.

DietWeed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it freeze immediately if you shake it? if so it sounds like a contact issue.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/solving-acekard-contact-issues.231412/
That has some basic info on the concept.

Well this is for AceKards. I'm pretty sure my Supercard is much bigger and I don't really have a problem with how loose it is. I think it is a contact issue but it is the bottom part of the card (I believe the PCB it was called) not reaching the bottom of the 3DS, because when I push down the cart very hard it registers on the 3DS for a couple seconds.

William Bernhard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I understand your problem you have frezeen problems when using your SCDS2 right? If yes the SD card maybe needs be reformated. Backup all your stuff to your pc and then use the Panasonic SD formatter, then put your stuff back on the sd, and do it quickly cuz the last year I had a very similar problem and ignored it... the SC2 froze one day and the sd card became corrupted. I hope I helped you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse