Hacking Problem with IronMan

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
I've figured out what the problem is with TTMENU when making a save.
The problem is, if a ROM has eight letters or less in its name and there are any spaces anywhere in that name, TTMENU creates a save which is in all uppercase, which is where the problem lies, but its not the only reason that the save is in uppercase that causes the problem, its that the save name is in uppercase and also has eight letters or less and contains spaces, this doesn't happen with ROMS with more than eight letters in there name.

Explains Contra 4 and Iron Man.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I suspect that the problem isn't limited to the DSTT, but rather has to do with the FAT16 filesystem. Long filenames aren't fully supported with FAT16, so there is some inconsistency there. I'm guessing that a short filename with a space in the name confuses the file system in some way. Some carts have added workarounds into the firmware, probably by ignoring the case when searching for a save file. The DSTT firmware was supposed to also contain such a fix since v. 1.08, but it looks like the fix isn't working properly, at least for certain filenames.

The good news is that there's a simple work-around -- just rename the save file and it will work.

-Bri

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i've noticed that when i get that error and then explore to my card the SAV extension is capitalize, when i put it in lower case it usually works.

IF that doesn't work, i find a game ('game A') that I know (or you) can make a proper SAV file, rename the current SAV file for game A temporarily. I then start the game A and the DSTT makes a valid save file, then loads the game. Once loaded i turn off my DS immediatly (before the game can make any autosaves) and then rename the new save to the game I want to play 'game B'(in your case ironman). then rename the game a Sav I first renamed to it's original name.

kinda weird error.. i hope 1.11 firmware is put together soon... bug like this and a faster browse menu is in dire need!
Tanas said:
I've figured out what the problem is with TTMENU when making a save.
The problem is, if a ROM has eight letters or less in its name and there are any spaces anywhere in that name, TTMENU creates a save which is in all uppercase, which is where the problem lies, but its not the only reason that the save is in uppercase that causes the problem, its that the save name is in uppercase and also has eight letters or less and contains spaces, this doesn't happen with ROMS with more than eight letters in there name.

exactly.. Fifa 08 and Contra 4 to name a few.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end