Problem with GC backups - D2Pro9 v2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by whysleep, Jul 20, 2008.

1. whysleep
    OP

whysleep Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2008
    I know you need to boot an original from you own region (PAL, in my case) to activate region free, and so I have, by loading an original Wii title. However, all my GameCube NTSC backups are displayed (through RGB) way up on the screen, incorrectly framed, with a slightly squashed look (the picture itself isn't cut, there's just a massive black bar on the bottom of the screen). Actually, it's the same exact thing that happened with my PS2 before a fix was included in a FW upgrade for DMS3.
    Other issue I have, which is probably related, is that the audio fix doesn't make any difference whatsoever with NTSC backups with streaming audio; for example, Resident Evil always plays with out of sync audio in demo play and FMVs, and I already burned 3 different ISOs, patched and unpatched, and tried loading them with the audio fix enabled and disabled, and there's virtually no difference. With a PAL backup, however, the audio fix does the trick as it should.
    So, my question is, is this only a matter of the current D2Pro9 FW still not being able to fix this GameCube issues, or was I supposed to run a GameCube original as well after installation to fully activate region free for GameCube backups?
    Thanks in advance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice