Hacking Problem with DLC of Megaman 9

eidrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, my wii is v3.1u, so i managed to get to the point to use Wiiware on 3.1, but the DLC doesn't work, i have tried like 6 different methods all to no avail. I even updated the shop to the latest update and installed the ios51 thingy. None worked.

So it seems that i need to upgrade to 3.3u or 3.2u to get this game to work. Any ideas on how to do this or what game should i get to upgrade? Also, is it worth the trouble?

Would i be able to play Megaman 9 if i upgrade to 3.3Uv1 and then downgrade it to 3.2u or should i just stay in 3.3v1 altogether?

Thanks for the help.

althena77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eidrian said:
Would i be able to play Megaman 9 if i upgrade to 3.3Uv1 and then downgrade it to 3.2u or should i just stay in 3.3v1 altogether?

That is how I did it, I also couldn't buy the extras from within the game and tried updating my Wii and then it worked and I first tried only buying Protoman as a playable character. After downgrading my Wii back to 3.2E I still could play Megaman 9 including Protoman, so I did the same later with the other DLCs.
It worked this way on my European Wii, I can't of course guarantee that it will also work on a NTSC one.

eidrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now the question would be, since i'm on 3.1, whats easier, to just upgrade to 3.2u or go to 3.3v1 and then downgrade to 3.2u? I think there was something about the downgrader that let you have the features or whatever of 3.3 even after downgrading to 3.2, thus making MM9 work. Is that right?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to play mega man 9 you only need to install IOS37 it doesn't matter what firmware your on

and for DLC first install Mega man 9 for your region

Play the Game until you can save then go back to Wad Manager and now install the DLC, Now DLC and Mega Man have to be from the same region no Region Free Crap or it wont work

Now that the DLC is installed have fun playing your Game

althena77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
to play mega man 9 you only need to install IOS37 it doesn't matter what firmware your on

and for DLC first install Mega man 9 for your region

Play the Game until you can save then go back to Wad Manager and now install the DLC, Now DLC and Mega Man have to be from the same region no Region Free Crap or it wont work

Now that the DLC is installed have fun playing your Game

I think the thread starter wants to buy the DLC like me the normal way, good choice imho I love the Megaman series since the NES times and think this game deserves people buying it, this is the game I waited for more than 10 years since Megaman 8 and hope it is a success si one day I can buy a Megaman 10
rolleyes.gif

I didn't really investigate a lot what I had to do, I just upgraded to the latest FW the normal way in the system menu and later downgraded again, took me all less than half an hour
wink.gif

eidrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually yes, i didn't have the actual WAD with DLC content. I was planning on buying it from the shop, however i have to upgrade it to get to the shop or something. I just got the DLC wad and tried to install it but it didn't work. How do i install the IOS37?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eidrian said:
Actually yes, i don't have the actual WAD with DLC content. I was planning on buying it from the shop, however i have to upgrade it to get to the shop or something. I just got the DLC wad and tried to install it but it didn't work. How do i install the IOS37?

Just search around for it, or use wii scrubber and Rip it out of a game ISO, after you find it just install it with Wad Manager

eidrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume the file i'm looking for would be this?

IOS37-64-v2070.wad

I got the 002fixGammaLoader pack from around, but i don't see it in there.

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
you should search on google, and you should find some rapidshare or megaupload link..
the safest way to get it is extracting it from a game iso ...

eidrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, i found it on rapidshare, also it did the trick! Didn't have to upgrade at all, just installed it and after that reinstalled the Megaman WADs and it worked. Is there any issue that might happen when using backup loader gamma or any of the other virtual console games after installing this IOS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year