Problem with charging

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by vincom2, Jan 23, 2008.

1. vincom2
    OP

vincom2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2007
    Senegal
    When I plug my DS lite in to charge, the orange light that turns on starts flashing continually like mad. I'm not sure if the DS is actually getting charged, but I don't think so, because I plugged it in just when the battery light had turned red, and now, an hour later, if I unplug it and turn it on, the light is still red. (From past experience, this is not normal; it should be far into the green after an hour of charging)

Anyone have any inkling what could be wrong?

p.s. If it's of any importance, I don't think the charger I'm using is nintendo-licensed.
    p.p.s. I haven't had the opportunity to test another charger / battery with it yet.

2. SavageWaffle

SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Buy a new charger. Its only $14 or something. And if it still doesnt work, then theres probley dust in the output(hole) thing

3. PBC

PBC What!? I can change this??

Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    New York
    When my original nintendo charger broke I ordered a USB to DS charger. It works great and charging time seems the same. Plus I can charge my DS in places were I couldn't before...much easier =)
    Anyway...good luck

4. vincom2
    OP

vincom2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2007
    Senegal
    I'm borrowing my cousin's charger this weekend, so I'll see if it's a charger problem then. If it turns out not to be, from what I've gathered from googling, it seems like the DS may have blown a fuse T.T
    I don't think it's dust, because I've blown into the hole.

Anyone had this experience before? (because I'm still inclined to think it's a DS, not charger, problem)
    Is a blown fuse the cause?

5. vincom2
    OP

vincom2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2007
    Senegal
    Ok, it is a charger problem.

Thanks to anyone who posted anyway!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice