Problem with charging

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by vincom2, Jan 23, 2008.

Jan 23, 2008

Problem with charging by vincom2 at 6:21 PM (703 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. vincom2
    OP

Newcomer vincom2 Advanced Member

Singapore
    When I plug my DS lite in to charge, the orange light that turns on starts flashing continually like mad. I'm not sure if the DS is actually getting charged, but I don't think so, because I plugged it in just when the battery light had turned red, and now, an hour later, if I unplug it and turn it on, the light is still red. (From past experience, this is not normal; it should be far into the green after an hour of charging)

Anyone have any inkling what could be wrong?

p.s. If it's of any importance, I don't think the charger I'm using is nintendo-licensed.
    p.p.s. I haven't had the opportunity to test another charger / battery with it yet.

2. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Buy a new charger. Its only $14 or something. And if it still doesnt work, then theres probley dust in the output(hole) thing

3. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    When my original nintendo charger broke I ordered a USB to DS charger. It works great and charging time seems the same. Plus I can charge my DS in places were I couldn't before...much easier =)
    Anyway...good luck

4. vincom2
    OP

Singapore
    I'm borrowing my cousin's charger this weekend, so I'll see if it's a charger problem then. If it turns out not to be, from what I've gathered from googling, it seems like the DS may have blown a fuse T.T
    I don't think it's dust, because I've blown into the hole.

Anyone had this experience before? (because I'm still inclined to think it's a DS, not charger, problem)
    Is a blown fuse the cause?

5. vincom2
    OP

Singapore
    Ok, it is a charger problem.

Thanks to anyone who posted anyway!