Hacking Problem with back ups... need advice on a DVD Drive

Sajiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems NOTHING I burn will play on my SoftMii'd Wii with the PIONEER DVR-216D Drives. I can burn on a laptop using a Samsung TS-L633L burner and the games work.

Using TDK DVD+R and Sony DVD+R media I tried burning at 16x, 8x, 4x and 2x speed, multiple images on the PIONEER DVR-216D and NOTHING WORKED. Over 25 discs failed. However using the SAME media burning at 8x on the Samsung TS-L633L every game created thus far has worked. Sll discs on both the laptop and PC were burned with ImgBurn.

Can anyone please tell me a good DVD drive to buy for my computer to create working Wii back ups? Or better yet, if anyone has experience with the PIONEER DVR-216D and has gotten Wii games to work can you please tell me how you did it?

caleb4god

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your problem is dvd+r. use dvd-r. the pioneer drive doesnt allow you to set the booktype to dvd-rom which is a must for dvd+ burned backups with a softmod.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
caleb4god said:
your problem is dvd+r. use dvd-r. the pioneer drive doesnt allow you to set the booktype to dvd-rom which is a must for dvd+ burned backups with a softmod.
That's just a pile of bull. Two minutes of googling, and ta-dah! I.e. you can set book type to DVD-ROM for +Rs on PIONEER DVR-216D. (Which is what you need to do Sajiko, then use ImgBurn to write (or any program if you make the setting permanent), and you'll be fine.)

Sajiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will it work if I get DVD-R then?

Also, if I change the book type to +R will it still burn -R?

I tried googling for firmware but ImgBurn said I had the latest (1.09)... How exactly do I go about changing my booktype? I don't want to render my DVD drives useless! Thanks guys in advance!

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you even read the thread i directed you at? Get MCSE (MediaCodeSpeedEdit) and use it to patch your firmware. Changing book type only makes your DVD+R:s get marked DVD-ROM; it won't affect burning DVD-R:s. Reread the previous thread as well.

ImgBurn can change book type of your drive permanently if your firmware accepts it. It is under Tools somewhere, if I don't remember incorrectly.

qbert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
caleb4god said:

Sorry, this is my dubt: is really any difference in reading accuracy (or tollerance with different DVDs) between softmod and chip?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
qbert said:
caleb4god said:

Sorry, this is my dubt: is really any difference in reading accuracy (or tollerance with different DVDs) between softmod and chip?

I don't know, but i know that the Wii just doesn't accept discs with booktype dvd+r as video dvds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up