Hacking Problem Playing House of the Dead: Overkill NTSC

Seraphant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I posted this in the noob paradise, but it seems that it is constantly swamped with vague small questions so I thought I would repost it. If that's any problem, please remove this. I can link my source if required, but some people have supposedly been able to get the iso running properly and some havn't so it can be assumed that the file is fine.

QUOTE said:
Hi there. I've been trying to get House of the Dead: Overkill working on my wii, but have been having constant problems.

Iirc, my wii version was 3.4, but I downgraded it to 3.2U and have been using the 0.3 gamma loader with (mostly) success for a few months now. my cIOS is set to 249, the game is NTSC and came patched for IOS249, although I understand that patching is redundant now and should work either way with the gamma launcher.

Ive tried several copies with Verbatim 8x 4.7g DVD-Rs, at varying write speeds from 2-8 and a couple copies using cheap Dynex 4x DVD+Rs using ImgBurn Booksetting (They have worked for several other games though. Pretty nice since I have hundreds of them laugh.gif ). None of my discs have worked using normal loading, force NTSC, rebooting with hooks, or any combination.

While using reboot with hooks, the splash screen in the disc channel displays normally but after launching the game i get a black screen with the error message "Error 001 unauthorized device has been detected."

From the place where I acquired it, there are mixed reports of people not being able to play it with 0.3 gamma + IOS249 and receiving an error, so I thought I would ask. If I'm missing any information, ask and I'll take another look.

squirrel420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patch it back to the original IOS imo. is at least worth a shot. HOTD:O works fine on my wii, both through gamma and usb loader, firmware 3.2U

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People constantly get HOTD 2+3 and HOTD:Overkill mixed up and just when the wiki is correct someone goes and generally messes it up again. Basically, Overkill DOES NOT NEED PATCHING TO 249(!!) but in order to get HOTD2 working it DOES need patching to 249 for use with Gamma. End of.

I would suggest you try an unpatched copy of the game. If you're using good media like Verbatim then there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your using an unaltered Gamma channel (same as me).
You need to patch out the 001 error.

Just look at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123341

You can either patch disc yourself, good for learning what does what.(See link above)
Or you can get a gamma channel that has in built protection (also in that link above)

Seraphant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After taking a quick look, I realized my cios36 was something like revision 3 or 4. Downloaded rev7 and even on the shitty discs, it works perfect.

Thanks for your help.

Livy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just had a call from my dad on monday after setting the usb loader up on saturday saying it was freezing.
had a look tonight and couldn't HOTD2 working But HOTD3 worked. had me stumped.

Now i know why.
rolleyes.gif

Seraphant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Livy said:
Just had a call from my dad on monday after setting the usb loader up on saturday saying it was freezing.
had a look tonight and couldn't HOTD2 working But HOTD3 worked. had me stumped.

Now i know why.
rolleyes.gif
Hah. Well glad I could help you by fluking out
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-