GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, i thought i could mod my wii myself. It was all going good. I messed up like 4 times but desoldering braid is teh 1337zorz.
Yeah, soldering those two huge power points are really hard... any tips? My luck is also i got grounded... (today i went to the doctors... i always get grounded after going) so if ppl can respond quick i'd appreciate it. I put a little solder onto it, but when i go to bridge the connection, the solder clings to the walls of the circles in the wiikey and then my iron wont melt the stuff at the bottom.
frown.gif
If i melt the stuff on the bottom it rises to the top >:

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
STOP SPAMMING YOUR THREAD IN THE SHOUT BOX ! if everyone did that it would SUCK MONKEY ASS !

and im not going to help you with your problem

imgod22222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
I didn't mean to spam. i just wanted to direct some attention. Its what we do in the StealthArt forums... thot it may be ok here, i guess next time i should read the rules over assuming.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You might want to try the wire method (or short-wire) rather than soldering it right on the dvd drive if you are having problems.

..if you can get it off. Be prepared to use up your desoldering braid.
tongue.gif

imgod22222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finally found out what was wrong. Evidently i did not install my wiikey flat onto the drive's PCB. The last point i needed (power point furthest from the chip) was actually my problem. All i needed to do was bend the wiikey a little, apply heat, and the joint was made
smile.gif
But i don't know if it was a cold joint or not, because now that i finally put it back together, my mom took it away :'( Guess I'll find out at the end of the month.

imgod22222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but my parents don't hide stuff well, nor do they check (or remember) what they took away because right now im on my DS
smile.gif

NOTE: it's 3:48 AM here. I never sleep the entire night.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill