Problem installing wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by imgod22222, May 9, 2007.

1. imgod22222
    OP

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    So, i thought i could mod my wii myself. It was all going good. I messed up like 4 times but desoldering braid is teh 1337zorz.
    Yeah, soldering those two huge power points are really hard... any tips? My luck is also i got grounded... (today i went to the doctors... i always get grounded after going) so if ppl can respond quick i'd appreciate it. I put a little solder onto it, but when i go to bridge the connection, the solder clings to the walls of the circles in the wiikey and then my iron wont melt the stuff at the bottom. [​IMG] If i melt the stuff on the bottom it rises to the top >:

2. BoneMonkey

BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

Banned
    Dec 9, 2006
    United States
    USA
    STOP SPAMMING YOUR THREAD IN THE SHOUT BOX ! if everyone did that it would SUCK MONKEY ASS !

and im not going to help you with your problem

3. imgod22222
    OP

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    [​IMG] I didn't mean to spam. i just wanted to direct some attention. Its what we do in the StealthArt forums... thot it may be ok here, i guess next time i should read the rules over assuming.

4. bobrules

bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 20, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto
    It's not your fault there's no rule for shoutoutbox actually.

5. robi

robi GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2006
    France
    Houston, TX
    You might want to try the wire method (or short-wire) rather than soldering it right on the dvd drive if you are having problems.

..if you can get it off. Be prepared to use up your desoldering braid. [​IMG]

6. thieves like us

thieves like us chaos personified

Jul 17, 2003
    United States
    left of the pond
    send me a pm and we'll work something out. I'm in the u.s. (michigan to be precise). spokenrope will vouch for me as I did his install this past weekend.

7. imgod22222
    OP

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    Well, I finally found out what was wrong. Evidently i did not install my wiikey flat onto the drive's PCB. The last point i needed (power point furthest from the chip) was actually my problem. All i needed to do was bend the wiikey a little, apply heat, and the joint was made [​IMG] But i don't know if it was a cold joint or not, because now that i finally put it back together, my mom took it away :'( Guess I'll find out at the end of the month.

8. robi

robi GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2006
    France
    Houston, TX
    damn I feel old.

9. thieves like us

thieves like us chaos personified

Jul 17, 2003
    United States
    left of the pond
    kids, let that be a lesson to you. even god gets grounded. [​IMG]

10. imgod22222
    OP

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    Yeah, but my parents don't hide stuff well, nor do they check (or remember) what they took away because right now im on my DS [​IMG]
    NOTE: it's 3:48 AM here. I never sleep the entire night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice