Hacking Problem in ChoiDujour

Gelyr3397

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, I got that, its just how I should do any of that is what I am havign trouble with. I dont know how to make a keys.txt file to begin with.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I got that, its just how I should do any of that is what I am havign trouble with. I dont know how to make a keys.txt file to begin with.
You make a keys.txt with the following quoted format without the bullet points and replace the X's with the actual values of the keys.

oh this is my mistake ><" ....... you mean this right?

• master_key_00 = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • master_key_01 = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • [... all master_keys through the latest one required by the firmware you're trying to install]
  • header_key = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • aes_kek_generation_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • aes_key_generation_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • key_area_key_application_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • key_area_key_ocean_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • key_area_key_system_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • package2_key_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gelyr3397

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You make a keys.txt with the following quoted format without the bullet points and replace the X's with the actual values of the keys.
OK again. How can I get or where can I get the actual key values from. like seriously. I understand its illegal or somethign to post them or have them on the net. So what is the procedure for me to aquire actual keys? Sorry I am just trying to learn new things.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK again. How can I get or where can I get the actual key values from. like seriously. I understand its illegal or somethign to post them or have them on the net. So what is the procedure for me to aquire actual keys? Sorry I am just trying to learn new things.
The same way you acquire anything else illegal like game dumps, Google.

Reactions: Calyptor

Gelyr3397

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Lol, I tried it. But there seems to be no guid or procedure to this that a dummy can understand hahahaha

Gelyr3397

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well if you're trying to use ChoiDujour, you can use the guide in this forum.
Thats the exact guid I was trying to use, but I always get errors with the keys.txt file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thats the exact guid I was trying to use, but I always get errors with the keys.txt file.
I need help creating the keys.txt file. I just dont know how to do it. I paste the templet in the word.txt file and dont know what to replace the X's with what values.

I need help creating the keys.txt file. I just dont know how to do it. I paste the templet in the word.txt file and dont know what to replace the X's with what values.
Like what does actual values even mean? sorry about so many questions I am just really lost.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like what does actual values even mean? sorry about so many questions I am just really lost.
The Nintendo Switch keys are 32 character long values that contain random letters and numbers. The X's are so you have an idea of how long the key is supposed to be. There are also 32 X's which means if you find the actual value of a certain key, you can highlight the actual value of the key and replace an entire line of 32 X's with the key.

Gelyr3397

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Nintendo Switch keys are 32 character long values that contain random letters and numbers. The X's are so you have an idea of how long the key is supposed to be. There are also 32 X's which means if you find the actual value of a certain key, you can highlight the actual value of the key and replace an entire line of 32 X's with the key.
Oh, I see. So I just use the templet, replace the Xs with the thier corresponding values? and are the key values the same for every firmware, excpet for the addition of the master keys or all the values different for each firmware?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see. So I just use the templet, replace the Xs with the thier corresponding values? and are the key values the same for every firmware, excpet for the addition of the master keys or all the values different for each firmware?
Yes just replace the X's. And all of the key values are the same except for the masterkeys which are added with every major firmware update.

Gelyr3397

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes just replace the X's. And all of the key values are the same except for the masterkeys which are added with every major firmware update.
Oh thank you so much this clears up many things for me. I will give it a try and see how things go. But my original problem is very different. If its ok I would like to ask about it if this method doesnt work. :)

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the boot logo freeze issue before after using ChoiDuJourNX.. do you have nand backup? I tried several things and this is the only thing that worked. Restore the nand backup, backup your saves, enter maintenance mode, initialize system keeping user information, reboot , update again with du jour , this time it should work successfully then all you have to do is reboot and restore saves. Of course if you don't have a backup you're kind of screwed..

Gelyr3397

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had the boot logo freeze issue before after using ChoiDuJourNX.. do you have nand backup? I tried several things and this is the only thing that worked. Restore the nand backup, backup your saves, enter maintenance mode, initialize system keeping user information, reboot , update again with du jour , this time it should work successfully then all you have to do is reboot and restore saves. Of course if you don't have a backup you're kind of screwed..
Ya, I think I am screwed, like I dont have a NAND backup, but is it possible to do the same thing with someone else's NAND backup?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know. I know using someone else's backup is a bad idea. The console-specific keys won't match and you won't be having a good time. I think somewhere along the line I heard you could use ChoiDujour PC to build a NAND image that can be flashed to the switch but that's all I know. I think that's what you were trying to do. It's also possible to order a nand and swap yours out I believe. Maybe you could get a bricked switch from eBay and swap the chips. Find one with a broken screen or something so you know the nand is still good

Gelyr3397

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't really know. I know using someone else's backup is a bad idea. The console-specific keys won't match and you won't be having a good time. I think somewhere along the line I heard you could use ChoiDujour PC to build a NAND image that can be flashed to the switch but that's all I know. I think that's what you were trying to do. It's also possible to order a nand and swap yours out I believe. Maybe you could get a bricked switch from eBay and swap the chips. Find one with a broken screen or something so you know the nand is still good
Thank Man, I will see what I can do

Yash2007

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please stop spreading misinformation. No, he doesn't have to dump the keys from his Switch. The keys he would need to dump are not console-specific; they're shared across all units. The only console unique keys are the bis keys which aren't needed for the ChoiDujour section of the tutorial.
The keys you need to look up online for use with ChoiDujour are listed in .

Hey man i tried everything every key dumper everything but it seems that its still not working.
I also grabbed keys from another switch but it still doesn't work man.I know this is an old thread but it would really be helpfull.

Hey man i tried everything every key dumper everything but it seems that its still not working.
I also grabbed keys from another switch but it still doesn't work man.I know this is an old thread but it would really be helpfull.

Oh and above that, I get the error invalid NCA header are the keys correct? and i did everything what you said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c