Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
So by complete accident I discovered that unplugging a USB drive while the Wii U is at it's home screen will actually reload the kernel aka. is like going into the system settings and backing out again.

It's not extremely much faster and requires you to physically unplug something on the Wii U but it can save you some seconds when, as example, developing stuff that requires the kernel exploit and you have to try and try over and over again.

You could also use like a per-USB-Port-switchable hub like I have to simply flip a switch to disconnect a drive and connect it again. Just make sure you use a non important USB drive or something since this is definitely not healthy for it ;D

Just as a funny thing, nothing "useful" at all tbh but just so people know ;P

loco365

Trophies
XP
A better way to make sure precious data isn't lost is to just have a blank drive that you can risk corrupting in the event that corruption occurs. Still would work nicely though.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

EpicLPer

OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
A better way to make sure precious data isn't lost is to just have a blank drive that you can risk corrupting in the event that corruption occurs. Still would work nicely though.
Well, not only corruption can occur but you can also completely trash the stick itself at worst case scenarios. However, this is rare, really rare...

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this work with shitty Chinese USB (I meant those 1GB that is detected as bigger)? How about we knowingly order form Ebay -> as it's counterfeit USB -> file complain -> free USB -> free way to load kernel = profit. Kidding

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

EpicLPer

OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Can this work with shitty Chinese USB (I meant those 1GB that is detected as bigger)? How about we knowingly order form Ebay -> as it's counterfeit USB -> file complain -> free USB -> free way to load kernel = profit.
As far as I know it should work, simply format it as FAT32/NTFS, plug it in, once Wii U is powered on simply pull it out and say OK.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
You may better have a SanDisk flash drive or something similar so it can survive all those sudden shut downs, there is no point in buying a few dollars cheaper flash drive that will probably broken in a couple of weeks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)