Hacking Pro and cons of different hacks

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what's the pros and cons of different hacks available for the switch? Also is the pros and cons for updated to newer firmware? Will all home brew and emulators just work on lower firmware?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Firmware version is irrelevant, every CFW works on every version. As for pros and cons, there aren't THAT many differences. I suppose the biggest pro of Atmosphere or ReiNX is that they are free. The biggest pro of SX OS is it's emunand and the fact it can natively run .CXI(cart backup) files, biggest con is that you have to pay for it

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firmware version is irrelevant, every CFW works on every version. As for pros and cons, there aren't THAT many differences. I suppose the biggest pro of Atmosphere or ReiNX is that they are free. The biggest pro of SX OS is it's emunand and the fact it can natively run .CXI(cart backup) files, biggest con is that you have to pay for it

Is all the home brew and retro arch cores working on on the lastest firmware?
What is emunand for to help go online?
Whats the most stable and easiest to boot? Do u need phones or dungles to boot some?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is all the home brew and retro arch cores working on on the lastest firmware?
What is emunand for to help go online?
Whats the most stable and easiest to boot? Do u need phones or dungles to boot some?

1)Like i said firmware version is irrelevant, CFW and homebrew and backups work on any version, even the latest one
2)EmuNAND isn't going to get you online PER SE. EmuNAND is means to run all the backups and stuff offline while leaving your OFW clean and that is what you use to go online. But there is still a risk, it's not a 100% ban evasion
3)They all boot pretty much the same way. You don't NEED a dongle or a phone, you only need those if you don't have access to your computer. As for stability they are all on par with one another, all of them are pretty stable

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
SX OS:
Pros: You can load XCI, I guess. I think dOPUS can install XCI on other CFW, but I'm not sure.
Cons: Behind a payed license. Closed-Source (if that's a cons for you). Shitty "EmuNAND".

ReiNX:
Pros: Can install NSP. Has a toolkit homebrew (I'm not sure of the quality of it though).
Cons: Doesn't have Creport reimplemented, so every time the console crashes the logs are sent to Nintendo. Uses a deprecated way to redirect the gallery to the Homebrew Channel.

Atmosphère:
Pros: Is the original CFW that other CFW is based on. Has the reimplementation of Creport.
Cons: Doesn't natively support unsigned NSP installation (some kips has been made to enable it though).

Every CFW needs a way to push payloads (through TegraRCM and a USB-* to USB-C cable, an Android phone, or a dongle) and a way to enter RCM.
Déjà-Vu is an exploit in the making which will works for 2.0-4.0 (maybe more) firmware which will not need a jig. If you want to use a jig, the firmware kinda doesn't matter (6.x has some issue with some homebrew, like custom theme).

Also, the "emuNAND" on SX OS is not really an emuNAND.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-does-sx-os-emunand-work.518936/

Last edited by medoli900, , Reason: Just saw this threads explaining how the "emuNAND" works

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SX OS:
Pros: You can load XCI, I guess. I think dOPUS can install XCI on other CFW, but I'm not sure.
Cons: Behind a payed license. Closed-Source (if that's a cons for you). Shitty "EmuNAND".

ReiNX:
Pros: Can install NSP. Has a toolkit homebrew (I'm not sure of the quality of it though).
Cons: Doesn't have Creport reimplemented, so every time the console crashes the logs are sent to Nintendo. Uses a deprecated way to redirect the gallery to the Homebrew Channel.

Atmosphère:
Pros: Is the original CFW that other CFW is based on. Has the reimplementation of Creport.
Cons: Doesn't natively support unsigned NSP installation (some kips has been made to enable it though).

Every CFW needs a way to push payloads (through TegraRCM and a USB-* to USB-C cable, an Android phone, or a dongle) and a way to enter RCM.
Déjà-Vu is an exploit in the making which will works for 2.0-4.0 (maybe more) firmware which will not need a jig. If you want to use a jig, the firmware kinda doesn't matter (6.x has some issue with some homebrew, like custom theme).

Thank for the reply I want to learn my 6year to load it wat would be the easiest and can all three use a dongle?
I need to learn more about way u said as I didn't understand a lot. What one do u use? Is any better for future proff!

With the firmware 6 is it running the same amount of emulators as lower firmwares?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank for the reply I want to learn my 6year to load it wat would be the easiest and can all three use a dongle?
I need to learn more about way u said as I didn't understand a lot. What one do u use? Is any better for future proff!

With the firmware 6 is it running the same amount of emulators as lower firmwares?

Every homebrew/emulators is working on the latest firmware version. All of them can use a dongle to launch, yes. There are a couple out on the market but the most popular one i believe is the NS-Atmosphere dongle

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Every homebrew/emulators is working on the latest firmware version. All of them can use a dongle to launch, yes. There are a couple out on the market but the most popular one i believe is the NS-Atmosphere dongle

What hack do u recommend? Is there any guide or YouTube that I can learn and review all three before picking wat suits me best?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What hack do u recommend? Is there any guide or YouTube that I can learn and review all three before picking wat suits me best?

Don't use Youtube, most videos are very out of date. Personally i use Atmosphere with sigpatches so that i can run backups and it suits me just fine. As for a guide you have a couple to choose from:
https://reinx.guide/ this one if you want reiNX
https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/ this is a more general guide but it's pretty good too

A couple of things to keep in mind:
1)Make sure your unit is hackable. Check it's serial number here https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
2) Always, ALWAYS remember to make a NAND backup before you start any kind of hacking
3) you might want to invest in a jig to make entering RCM easier
4)If you're trying to teach a young child to do this, you might want to get the dongle. I mentioned the NS Atmosphere one but there are several, it's up to you

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't use Youtube, most videos are very out of date. Personally i use Atmosphere with sigpatches so that i can run backups and it suits me just fine. As for a guide you have a couple to choose from:
https://reinx.guide/ this one if you want reiNX
https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/ this is a more general guide but it's pretty good too

A couple of things to keep in mind:
1)Make sure your unit is hackable. Check it's serial number here https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
2) Always, ALWAYS remember to make a NAND backup before you start any kind of hacking
3) you might want to invest in a jig to make entering RCM easier
4)If you're trying to teach a young child to do this, you might want to get the dongle. I mentioned the NS Atmosphere one but there are several, it's up to you

That's good info I will look into them the guide or YouTube I was looking is to review the three different CFW so I know what suits me better

maxx488

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SX OS:

ReiNX:

Atmosphère:

You are wrong bud, Its a legit emunand. You should double check before giving someone an advice.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's good info I will look into them the guide or YouTube I was looking is to review the three different CFW so I know what suits me better

@medoli900's post is a good comparison of the three because, honestly, they aren't THAT different. I guess it all comes down to how much money you want to spend

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You are wrong bud, Its a legit emunand. You should double check before giving someone an advice.

It's untested and unverified. Until it's thoroughly checked it should not be recommended to anyone

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's no reason not to update? I'm on 5.X (can't recall specific) and have been waiting on a true EmuNand to hack, but with Smash coming out soon the wait may no longer be worth it.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So there's no reason not to update? I'm on 5.X (can't recall specific) and have been waiting on a true EmuNand to hack, but with Smash coming out soon the wait may no longer be worth it.

Honestly no, there's really no reason not to update, especially if you want to Smash

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@medoli900's post is a good comparison of the three because, honestly, they aren't THAT different. I guess it all comes down to how much money you want to spend

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's untested and unverified. Until it's thoroughly checked it should not be recommended to anyone

Have u got a link to medoli900's post the good comparison?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Have u got a link to medoli900's post the good comparison?

Just scroll up?

People said the same thing about Pokemon and it can be played on firmware 5.1
So that means that with Smash you can still use Tinfoil's Bypass firmware check option? It's not encrypted with keys that REQUIRE version 6.1?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh...that's...actually pretty damn surprising
Not really. Let's Go was announced around the time firmware 5.X was the latest so development started pretty early, well before firmware 6.0 was a thing. Smash had its development started before the Switch was even announced so it may not require firmware 6.X either

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
SX OS:

ReiNX:

Atmosphère:

You can use creport on reinx though. And nothing is sent to nintendo because of the custom PM implemented. The toolkit is pretty solid. And we have more features coming soon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1