Private Headers

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ACNLMelonYo, Dec 29, 2015.

1. ACNLMelonYo
    OP

ACNLMelonYo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    I was wondering if i would be able to have some help from some very nice person to have a Private header, i am unable to purchase a powersave or a gateway cartridge as i am broke as hell after buying sky3ds and 32g micro sd card. Also is there a way i can make a Private Header like from scratch. Any help would be appreciated thank you

MelonYo:3

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    It's a bad idea to get a header from someone else, as a service if you send me the funds to buy a cheap game I can rip the header and send you it but even then you're trusting someone over the internet to not screw you over.

You won't have to pay me anything just enough to buy a cheap new game.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks, Dec 29, 2015
    Tony_93 likes this.
  3. ACNLMelonYo
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    Hey there ive sent you a message :) thanks

4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    The cheapest game I can buy for you in my gamestop new is Paddington Adventures in London for 14.99 USD so roughy 16 USD i'll rip the header destroy the cart and send you the header in a private message.

5. ACNLMelonYo
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    I would be able to do that for you, im not sure what your timezone is but would you be able to do it today if it isnt to much to ask :)

6. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    It snowed today so I can get it tomorrow but my only concern is Sky3ds can get funky with headers for some games if anyone reading can confirm he does not need a specific header like C2 or something please tell me now.

7. ACNLMelonYo
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    Right okay no problem! I appreciate your help, im kinda a newbie when it comes to headers and roms but i got 9 roms so is it specific games that the private headers dont work on or?

8. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    I'm not quite sure I don't have a sky3ds but from what i've read some games like smash want certain types of headers but this may or may not be true since headers on a gateway card work on every rom

9. ACNLMelonYo
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    Right i see. I got smash -.- i hope it works on all Dx

10. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    There are 3 headers types, but the most important one is the C2 since %90 of games use that kind of header.

I recommend buying Asphalt 3D, it is type 2 and you can find it in Gamestop for $3 used.

11. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    But isn't the point to buy a brand new game to ensure someone else didn't rip the header and return it? I know the odds are stupid low but its not worth the risk IMO.

12. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    That's like buying any used 3DS game and never using it online because someone else might have ripped the header too...

There is 3 kind of game cardtriges: AE, C2, and 45. Your header needs to match the game cardtridge, for example pokemon games use C2 and Smash Bros uses AE, so your header would need to match the game or you would get an error when you try to go online (but no ban).

Anyways, try to confirm you are buying a game with C2 type header, because as I said before the vastly majority of games are C2 so it is a priority. Over the other 2 type of headers.

13. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Is there a way to tell if paddington has a C2 header without buying it? @ACNLMelonYo what do you want me to do buy the cheaper c2 header game which may or may not have had its header ripped for 3 USD or risk not getting a c2 header and shell out 16 for a sure private header that may not be C2?

14. ACNLMelonYo
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    So far im leaning towards the cheapest option but if paddington is a c2 header then i would get that.. i think xD

Last edited by ACNLMelonYo, Dec 29, 2015
  15. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    I would suggest to buy a cheap $3 second hand game and rip the header instead.

I have bought several second hand games, played online and never had an issue.

The possibilities that it has been ripped is like winning the lottery (if you are that lucky you should be buying lottery tickets instead :P)... I think it would be a lot worse to spent $15 in a new game and get the wrong header.

Last edited by Tony_93, Dec 29, 2015
  16. ACNLMelonYo
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    Fair enough ill go with the used then i suppose. thanks for your help guys much appreciated!

17. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    ill be back in like 10 gonna eat something

18. ACNLMelonYo
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    Ok

19. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Houston
    Once memchunkhax2 is released, you can downgrade and rip your headers via gateway if I'm not mistaken?

20. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Ok im back
    true your right but that would make the Sky3DS semi useless we also need to wait for Gateway to release something soon™ @Tony_93 are there any other games that are super cheap the have c2 headers asphalt is not near me im in 06710?