OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, my wii was working ok but I was unable to run NSMBwii. The game kept freezing at the "hold the remote sideways" screen. I thought this was just a bad rip until I modded a wii this afternoon and the copy worked. (Same rip both from USB). I thought I must have screwed up something so I figured I would just go threw xzxero's simplistic mod again with my wii the try and blanket fix any problems I might have.

I skipped the update section and started at the modify section (I am already on 4.2) and went threw the whole section as posted without any issues. My problem came after installing priiloader. I restarted the wii and set my hacks and then went to system menu and priiloader said I had no menu. It also told me I had no HBC. I was able to load the wadmanger from priiloader and reinstalled the wad files from the modify section and get my menu back but from there I went into HBC to reinstall priiloader, reboot and no menu again.

I can only install Bootmii as an IOS so I want priiloader but whenever I install this I somehow loose my system menu. I am not sure if I have priiloader after I reinstall the system menu through wadmanager (I always thought you lost priiloader if you installed the system menu) because I dont want to restart the wii without installing priiloader in case for some reason the system menu corrupts.

I have also tried restore my nand from when I originally hacked my wii but Bootmii tells me it is from a different wii (although it is not).

Any suggestions on how to get priiloader and my system menu back in harmony and why they are suddenly fighting?

Thanks for any help. And before the "search-screamers" start thats what I have been doing for an hour.

Rat

Ratmonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everything is straight from the guide, downloaded today but, yeah I am inthe process of getting new from the respective websites now.

EDIT: When installing priiloader, I am getting "Unable to move the system menu" error now. Tried googling this and there is one post on wiihacks about this with no resolution.

Any ideas?

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
DeadlyFoez said:
if you got it today then everything should still be up to date.

You may have to use priiloader to;
Install a file (eg Hackmii Installer, WadManager, or even LoadMii)
Then use priiloader to launch those files.

Thats your only way now to launch homebrew.
Why doesn't he install wad manager to nand, then run it to install a system menu wad?

Ratmonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dig that. I have been using priiloader to reinstall the system menu. I get to the system menu then HBC. Then I try to reinstall priiloader.

Installing using ios36 (the default) I get the cant move system menu error

Installing using ios249 (+ and B) I get no errors but I loose the system menu and just get a black screen when I exit.

I am maybe thinking update by Nintendo then run the simplistic guide again?

Ratmonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am back on the system menu 4.2 with no priiloader. Right now my plan is to try xzxero's guide top to bottom in the morning. I have to go to work so I will be out for about the next 10hours. If anyone has any suggestions of what else to try or know why priiloader would not be able to install under ios36 your help would be appreiciated.

DeadlyFoez, thanks for your help so far. I do appriciate it.

Rat

masamunecyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have followed this guide step-by-step several times and it's worked without a hitch. Assuming you used a Nintendo Update to get to 4.2, you can probably start from here. If you used a system menu wad, I'd just go ahead and run the Safe Updater. I did that once when having a whole bunch of problems (IOS, trucha, errors when trying to install things) after updating to 4.2, then I ran the trucha bug restorer, and then everything was fixed.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i just updated another wii from 0.29 jodi to priiloader 0.3 r48
result:

black screen, i thought i switch via bootmii (boot2) to hbc...not possible...

Ratmonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those who want the info Heres how my story ended:

QUOTE said:
Hey, just read your posts regarding the issue with priiloader and wii's system menu. Did you figure it out? I'm having the same problems.

The problem was trying to install with ios36. Somehow I installed one that wasn't trucha patched which is what gave me the error. After I used TBR I could get it to install but it would not boot to the system menu (just a black screen). I beleive this was a bad priiloader install because of the errors and such I was getting. I ended up virginizing the wii using this guide http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin and re-hacked it again using this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901.

My personal belief is that I could have just used Nandclean to delete the priiloader entries and such and not do a full re-virginizing but I felt it was better safe than sorry and do the full deal.

As for Daco :

QUOTE"no system menu is found"
any specific error msg that could actually HELP me?
Sorry it wasn't specific enough for YOU but that was the error message priiloader said when trying to launch the system menu.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Ratmonkey said:
QUOTE said:
"no system menu is found"
Sorry it wasn't specific enough for YOU but that was the error message priiloader said when trying to launch the system menu.

you fail.

if it was a bad priiloader install then priiloader itself wouldn't boot at all.

also, that wasn't what it said cause this are all the system menu booting errors it can show

case ERROR_SYSMENU_GENERAL:
PrintFormat( 0, 16, height-128, "Failed to load system menu!");
break;
case ERROR_SYSMENU_TIKNOTFOUND:
PrintFormat( 0, 16, height-128, "Error autobooting systemmenu!");
PrintFormat( 0, 16, height-112, "Ticket not found!");
break;
case ERROR_SYSMENU_TIKSIZEGETFAILED:
PrintFormat( 0, 16, height-112, "Could not get ticket size!");
break;
case ERROR_SYSMENU_TIKREADFAILED:
PrintFormat( 0, 16, height-112, "Could not read ticket!");
break;
case ERROR_SYSMENU_ESDIVERFIY_FAILED:
PrintFormat( 0, 16, height-112, "ES_DiVerfiy failed! no ios with it patched?");
break;
case ERROR_SYSMENU_IOSSTUB:
PrintFormat( 0, 16, height-112, "The going to load IOS was detected as Stub!");
break;
case ERROR_SYSMENU_GETTMDSIZEFAILED:
PrintFormat( 0, 16, height-112, "Could not get TMD size!");
break;
case ERROR_SYSMENU_GETTMDFAILED:
PrintFormat( 0, 16, height-112, "Could not get TMD!");
break;
case ERROR_SYSMENU_BOOTNOTFOUND:
PrintFormat( 0, 16, height-112, "Boot file not found!");
break;
case ERROR_SYSMENU_BOOTOPENFAILED:
PrintFormat( 0, 16, height-112, "Could not open boot file!");
break;
case ERROR_SYSMENU_BOOTGETSTATS:
PrintFormat( 0, 16, height-112, "Could not get boot stats!");
break;

so tell me, where does it say system menu isn't found?

ASTRAL2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ratmonkey said:
For those who want the info Heres how my story ended:

QUOTE said:
Hey, just read your posts regarding the issue with priiloader and wii's system menu. Did you figure it out? I'm having the same problems.

The problem was trying to install with ios36. Somehow I installed one that wasn't trucha patched which is what gave me the error. After I used TBR I could get it to install but it would not boot to the system menu (just a black screen). I beleive this was a bad priiloader install because of the errors and such I was getting. I ended up virginizing the wii using this guide http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin and re-hacked it again using this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901.

My personal belief is that I could have just used Nandclean to delete the priiloader entries and such and not do a full re-virginizing but I felt it was better safe than sorry and do the full deal.

As for Daco :

QUOTE"no system menu is found"

Hey man, thanks for the info. Did you end up installing using the default ios36 or ios249 (+ and B) ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1