Hacking Priiloader question

jonblaze55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a black 4.2u Wii that i modded a long time ago and everything works flawlessly with me loading Wii games and GameCube games off of hdd to usb loader GX...but I have a question I know the Wii has bootmii on it bc that's there when I hit the home button in HBC but I'm wondering would there be a threat if we're to put priiloader on it bc it's not on there and i see people taking it's necessary to help with bricking possibilities...so I guess I'm wondering if can install on my Wii now as is and nothing will be happen to it...like I said everything works perfect I just don't want to do this and it mess something up...so if someone could help me with some information I would greatly appreciate it.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a black 4.2u Wii that i modded a long time ago and everything works flawlessly with me loading Wii games and GameCube games off of hdd to usb loader GX...but I have a question I know the Wii has bootmii on it bc that's there when I hit the home button in HBC but I'm wondering would there be a threat if we're to put priiloader on it bc it's not on there and i see people taking it's necessary to help with bricking possibilities...so I guess I'm wondering if can install on my Wii now as is and nothing will be happen to it...like I said everything works perfect I just don't want to do this and it mess something up...so if someone could help me with some information I would greatly appreciate it.
Priiloader doesn't affect BootMii in any way shape or form.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, you want to install BootMii IOS? You need to put the BootMii files on your sd card in order to access it from the HBC (and on boot). You get it from either ModMii or the Wii.guide site.
Oh, and once you do, make a nand backup with it and store somewhere safe, that's what'll you'll be using if you encountered a brick..

Reactions: SylverReZ

jonblaze55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I am asking about installing priiloader and was wondering since my Wii is already modded. can I do it without any problems it could possibly do to it but like I said everything works perfectly no problems

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No I am asking about installing priiloader and was wondering since my Wii is already modded. can I do it without any problems it could possibly do to it but like I said everything works perfectly no problems
First, install BootMii as either 'boot2' or 'IOS' (both is optional), then install Priiloader like normal.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its been a while but I think bootmii is already on there bc when I hit the home button in HBC it shows I can run bootmii in the menu.
If BootMii is installed as 'boot2', and that the BootMii files exist on the SD card, then it will automatically boot into the BootMii menu when you power on the console.

jonblaze55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If BootMii is installed as 'boot2', and that the BootMii files exist on the SD card, then it will automatically boot into the BootMii menu when you power on the console.
Ok I don't know if it's boot2 bc it loads the Wii menu normally but I know bootmii is on the wii

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I don't know if it's boot2 bc it loads the Wii menu normally but I know bootmii is on the wii
I believe you can check this by fully powering down the console and then power it back on whilst holding down 'RESET', that is if you don't have Priiloader installed. For me it just boots straight into BootMii just fine without holding 'RESET'.

jonblaze55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you can check this by fully powering down the console and then power it back on whilst holding down 'RESET', that is if you don't have Priiloader installed. For me it just boots straight into BootMii just fine without holding 'RESET'.
See this is where I get scared of messing with it but I thought what you are describing is to check if priiloader is on there I thought..and yes I don't have priiloader installed at all

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
See this is where I get scared of messing with it but I thought what you are describing is to check if priiloader is on there I thought..and yes I don't have priiloader installed at all
If you have installed BootMii successfully, then you can go and install Priiloader. Make sure you have made a backup of your NAND with BootMii before proceeding to do any form of modifications to your NAND.

jonblaze55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have installed BootMii successfully, then you can go and install Priiloader. Make sure you have made a backup of your NAND with BootMii before proceeding to do any form of modifications to your NAND.
Man I know what ur talking about but since I modded this Wii so long ago I'm scared to touch anything with the iOS or with the system now that it works perfectly I guess I'll have to mess around with it
Post automatically merged:

Its also 4.2u and I really don't want to mess around with updating it since it works correctly

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man I know what ur talking about but since I modded this Wii so long ago I'm scared to touch anything with the iOS or with the system now that it works perfectly I guess I'll have to mess around with it
That's fine by me. It's best to do some research on those things before doing anything risky like you mentioned such as installing/modifying IOS modules, region changing the 'System Menu', installing Priiloader and/or BootMii, etc.

jonblaze55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine by me. It's best to do some research on those things before doing anything risky like you mentioned such as installing/modifying IOS modules, region changing the 'System Menu', installing Priiloader and/or BootMii, etc.
Its also 4.2u and I don't want to mess around with updating since it works flawlessly I'm just wondering if priiloader is even necessary if everything is working already

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its also 4.2u and I don't want to mess around with updating since it works flawlessly I'm just wondering if priiloader is even necessary if everything is working already
Priiloader is highly recommended for additional brick protection. Say, for example, if you can't enter the 'System Menu' and it is fully bricked - black screen = nothing, then you can always boot into Priiloader and recover your NAND using BootMii.

jonblaze55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Priiloader is highly recommended for additional brick protection. Say, for example, if you can't enter the 'System Menu' and it is fully bricked - black screen = nothing, then you can always boot into Priiloader and recover your NAND using BootMii.
Yea I know what it's for but with my situation I wonder if I even need it since nothing is going wrong and I just add games to my hdd everything else is already installed on there

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea I know what it's for but with my situation I wonder if I even need it since nothing is going wrong and I just add games to my hdd everything else is already installed on there
Most definitely yes.

jonblaze55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most definitely yes.
Well since I have so many variables I think imma just leave it be it works and I know what not to do to help prevent bricks( not updating and stuff like that) I know bootmii is on there but not boot2 so I don't think or know if I can install priiloader on top of all it and it not mess nothing up

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well since I have so many variables I think imma just leave it be it works and I know what not to do to help prevent bricks( not updating and stuff like that) I know bootmii is on there but not boot2 so I don't think or know if I can install priiloader on top of all it and it not mess nothing up
Okay, you do that if you want. You can always come back to it at anytime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto