longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jxer said:
installed .02 have same issue auto boot not working everything going straight to priiloader instead of system menu

was there a easy fix? i rollded back to v.01 for the time being
post #348 has the r32 which worked for me I had the same problem

frailimbnursry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:

Thanks. This fixed the autoboot issue I was having. It does have the HBC shutdown bug change520 described but fortunately I never shutdown via that method.

Edit: I just discovered using the Reset button in the Home menu (during a game loaded with Configurable USB Loader) does not actually reset the console, it shuts it down.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco:

Great work. priiloader working beautifully. wondering how if there is a file floating around to forward or point to wiiflow app folder for autobooting so I don't have to load a new dol file to nand each time version changes instead? Like how preloader v.29 used to have the NForwarder thing where it was kind of a shortcut pointing to where the file really was.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
mgrimmenator said:
Daco:

Great work. priiloader working beautifully. wondering how if there is a file floating around to forward or point to wiiflow app folder for autobooting so I don't have to load a new dol file to nand each time version changes instead? Like how preloader v.29 used to have the NForwarder thing where it was kind of a shortcut pointing to where the file really was.

check the open wiiflow thread, but its not compatible with certain revs of priiloader

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frailimbnursry said:
longtom1 said:

Thanks. This fixed the autoboot issue I was having. It does have the HBC shutdown bug change520 described but fortunately I never shutdown via that method.

Edit: I just discovered using the Reset button in the Home menu (during a game loaded with Configurable USB Loader) does not actually reset the console, it shuts it down.

Does the same thing for me if you have to hard reset console by pressing power for few seconds. First remote will not connect so I can not turn it on using it then if I turn it on by pressing power button will turn on then shuts off. After this I can use the remote or the power button and turns on.

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Daco said:
change520 said:
report a bug on my wii using R32:

shutdown wii using hbc or other application(not the power button) may cause the second time start fail, but the third time will be ok.
i know and there is nothing i can do sadly >_>
its cause those apps reboot/shutdown on their own and dont touch the bootstate when they do...

EDIT: or touch the system menu. games/channels set bootstate to 5 and then reboot/boot system menu. system menu then shuts down/goes into idle
Daco, I'd like to add this problem happens also if when for some reason the Wii hangs and I need to hold the power button for a few second to power off. Well the next time I power on, it will auto-poweroff in 1-2 second before anything appears onscreen.

Tested with r32 on a 4.1 Wii with bootmii as boot2.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Wiiwu said:
Daco said:
change520 said:
report a bug on my wii using R32:

shutdown wii using hbc or other application(not the power button) may cause the second time start fail, but the third time will be ok.
i know and there is nothing i can do sadly >_>
its cause those apps reboot/shutdown on their own and dont touch the bootstate when they do...

EDIT: or touch the system menu. games/channels set bootstate to 5 and then reboot/boot system menu. system menu then shuts down/goes into idle
Daco, I'd like to add this problem happens also if when for some reason the Wii hangs and I need to hold the power button for a few second to power off. Well the next time I power on, it will auto-poweroff in 1-2 second before anything appears onscreen.

Tested with r32 on a 4.1 Wii with bootmii as boot2.
update on that issue : for some reason its related to priiloader or how homebrew shut down :/
why it happens or why it doesn't happen when priiloader isn't installed is unknown...
cause priiloader doesn't even start when you shutdown from homebrew...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
this might be similar to some other comment, but when 'ignore standby' is on, and you power down from the hbc, it is not ignored.
smile.gif

i noticed that for 'auto boot' there are more options than 'return to', and 'shutdown to'.
do you think you could add options for us to return/shut down to everything that we can autoboot to?
thank you!

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
joshuatm said:
this might be similar to some other comment, but when 'ignore standby' is on, and you power down from the hbc, it is not ignored.
smile.gif

i noticed that for 'auto boot' there are more options than 'return to', and 'shutdown to'.
do you think you could add options for us to return/shut down to everything that we can autoboot to?
thank you!
hint : Returnto:autoboot
ohmy.gif

also, the hbc thingy is being thought about. its the same issue as shutting down from homebrew can cause priiloader startup issues later on (only once)
and it apparently is there for all preloader & priiloader versions...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i know about return to auto boot, but if say if i wanted to boot to the system menu, but return an installed file, or the hbc, i can't do it. is it not possible to have all the same options for auto boot, for the othre two options? since they only have 3 (i think), whilst you can auto boot to quite a few
smile.gif

uhoh, what do you mean start up issues?
smile.gif

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
joshuatm said:
uhoh, what do you mean start up issues?
smile.gif
set return to to system menu, autoboot disabled.
turn off and startup again. go to system menu and reset (hold reset to get back in priiloader)
boot homebrew channel and turn off wii

then turn it back on; it will boot system menu instead of starting the priiloader menu >_

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ Daco,

i was reading How_To_compile_Priiloader_Windows

I understood everything, but the last line kinda confused me, it said
QUOTE said:
Build
tongue.gif
QUICK NOTE : Debug only builds priiloader. Release builds both

does this mean that the self-compiled priiloader cannot be installed? Or what does this mean exactly?

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
@ Daco,

i was reading How_To_compile_Priiloader_Windows

I understood everything, but the last line kinda confused me, it said
QUOTE said:
Build
tongue.gif
QUICK NOTE : Debug only builds priiloader. Release builds both

does this mean that the self-compiled priiloader cannot be installed? Or what does this mean exactly?
in visual studio(and visual C++?) you can compile the source in 2 ways (see top bar)
in debug mode it wont compile the installer
in release mode it will compile the installer.

EDIT: also, i seriously forgot alot of shit in the wiki... D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @OctoAori20, my pc doesnt even have bluetooth