Belgium
xflak40 said:
just load it via homebrew, hold b and press +

tadaaaa, installed

to access the menu, hold reset as its powering on
that would only work if he/she had cios >_>
in my case it would be just +
tongue.gif
(all hail having only 2 patched (actually 3, but lets forget about cios 250) ios ! \o/)

frailimbnursry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
just load it via homebrew, hold b and press +

tadaaaa, installed

to access the menu, hold reset as its powering on

Out of curiosity, what's the advantage of holding B while selecting install? I know it uses IOS249 but not what the benefit of using that is. I updated from preloader without using that option.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There might be another bug in there still, similar to the disc spinning bug. It's the USB. My USB HDD automatically turns on and off but if I put the Wii in standby (orange light instead of red) the HDD never turns off. Is there a way to correct this?

glowy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This has nothing to do with preloader, it's just the way it works.
there still is some voltage on the USB port when in standby, so the drive does not turn off.
Just set standby internet off in the wii settings, and it's fixed.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
glowy said:
This has nothing to do with preloader, it's just the way it works.
there still is some voltage on the USB port when in standby, so the drive does not turn off.
Just set standby internet off in the wii settings, and it's fixed.
or i shutdown the usage of the SD/USB and that should also fix it i guess. ill see if my usb stick does the same
smile.gif

EDIT: my usb doesn't do it so srry
smile.gif

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hum .. I had the Preloader 0.29 intalled; system 4.0U ...after installing the Priiloader, everthing was fine...But now it always resets to the safety screen (When I try to go back to system menu after getting out of a channel). ...I think I saw someone pointing that, but I dont really know how to fix it..
blink.gif

hehe Someone can help me with that? thanks

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
....I never had insues like that with 0.29 :s ...and the only hacks I had on was the Skip disc update check and Remove NoCopy Protection ...and I never needed to have the sd card in the wii to save some settings change ...now I need ...heh ...nobody wants to reply ?
tongue.gif

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hells Guardian said:
It's not going to fix it. it will still return to the health and saftey warning screen.

well, this is annoying, I think heh ....There is a pratical motivation for keeping this issue ?

Daco said:
QUOTE(Walker D @ Nov 23 2009, 12:53 AM) ...and I never needed to have the sd card in the wii to save some settings change ...now I need
wat

Sorry the bad english
tongue.gif
... ...After enable/disable any hacks at Preloader 0.29, I could save the settings without a SD card ( I never leave the SD card inside my Wii).

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Walker D said:
Hells Guardian said:
It's not going to fix it. it will still return to the health and saftey warning screen.

well, this is annoying, I think heh ....There is a pratical motivation for keeping this issue ?

Daco said:
QUOTE(Walker D @ Nov 23 2009, 12:53 AM) ...and I never needed to have the sd card in the wii to save some settings change ...now I need
wat

Sorry the bad english
tongue.gif
... ...After enable/disable any hacks at Preloader 0.29, I could save the settings without a SD card ( I never leave the SD card inside my Wii).
if it was an error saying "no FAT device found!" then it'll be fixed in 0.2
can't remember why i placed that there actually....

wiieye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have priiloader installed on my 4.1u softmod wii. Works perfectly. I don't remember if I held B to install to 249 or I just did the default 222 install. Is there a way to check this?

I have cios rev14 right now, but was thinking of installing Hermes 222/223 for extra usb support. Will this affect priiloader? Should I reinstall priiloader into 249 first? If I should, do I just run the installer again? And it will remove the 222 and go to 249?

wiieye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
if u hold B then hit plus, it installs using ios249, if u do not hold b and press +, it will install using IOS36

installing IOS222 and 223 will not effect priiloader whatsoever, so u r totally safe to install (make sure u get rev 4 of hermes installer)

Thanks xflak40, fast reply!

Agghh sorry got things confused. I guess my concern was installing Hermes with the IOS 36/38 merge options and would that be affected by priiloader being in IOS36. Anyway.. I think I was reading old info since the rev4 Hermes is based on IOS38

My gut feeling tells me I did not hold B when I installed... What are the key differences between installing to 249 vs 36? I know 249 is a cIOS and 36 is an "original" IOS.. is it safer either way in terms of brick protection?

And slightly OT but since you seem knowledgeable.. would this "guide" be reasonable for installing hermes rev4? Or I was looking at the completesg install guide but wasn't clear exactly what the optional steps are for.

nameist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!

firstly I want to say that priiloader is a really cool program to give some brick-protection and I also like the autoboot-feature. But the best is that it doesn't require a ES_Identify patched system IOS
smile.gif

But after I installed priiloader i get a really curious audio-problem. I have firmeware 4.2 and I have a clean IOS70 (no patches like trucha or es_identify, I installed a clean IOS70 with wad manager, before I installed priiloader) Everytime I boot from the preloadermenu (autoboot: disabled) into the systemmenu, the HBC or an installed .dol-file the sound of the systemmenu and games is distorted. This means I can still hear all the "normal" sounds but they are accompanied by high pitched rings. This issue also occurs if I set the autoboot-option to HBC or the installed .dol-file (NeoGamma). Everytime I start a game from the autobooted NeoGamma I can hear the high pitched rings and after some time playing a game, they are really annoying. The only time I don't get this audio issue is when I set the autoboot option to systemmenu and then reboot the wii. When I deinstall Priiloader I don't get this issue, too.

I think this is a generally Preloader/Priiloader issue (or does it only occur on my wii?!), because in the last days I installed preloader v29 JODI (I also patched IOS70 with the ES_Identify patch) and got this problem, too. It also occurs if I boot from the preloadermenu to the systemmenu, the HBC or a installed file and when I autoboot to the HBC and the installed File. The only way to fix this issue was either to set the autoboot option to systemmenu or to install a clean IOS70. Then I could autoboot to the HBC or Neogamma and I didn't get the audio problem. But with a clean IOS70 I couldn't boot the systemmenu.

The problem is, that I really want to autoboot into NeoGamma without the audio-problem, but I also want to have the option to load the systemmenu from the preloader-menu.

So I thought priiloader would be perfect, because it doesn't require to have a es_identify-patched IOS70 installed. But then I was very disappointed when I loaded the systemenu from the priiloadermenu and hear this annoying high pitched rings.

So I posted my problem in this threat, because I don't have any idea how to fix this issue and I really hope somebody can help me. I also hope that I am not the only person who have such a problem
frown.gif

greets nameist

EDIT: I found out that this issue has nothing to do with a ES_Identify patched IOS70. I get still the same issue even with a clean IOS70!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs