Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Daco said:
Ultralex said:
I didn't patch ios36 with trucha,because I didn't want to have the Homebrew Channel upside down,instead I installed a patched ios36 at ios236
im not so sure if you can have ftpii (or whatever app youre using) to use a different ios...

EDIT: also, reinstalling HBC while ios36 is patched fixes that
or run ftpii and remove patch from ios36

EDIT2: btw, was this a fresh install or upgrade from previous preloader installation?

nope bro you'll need original ios 36 and original 61 as 36 uses the installer and 61 is used to install hbc too... and ios61 isn't used by games so you could then afterwards reinstall the ios36 you have installed without any problems...

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Having problems. I got priiloader on 4.1E and i cant get to the system menu. I can get to priiloader menu. I can nto start homebrew channel.. it keeps crashing. Any help?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
icpmattj said:
So is this cause of the problems i was having here

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=191343
same problem yes

I'm having the same problems as icpmattj was. when ever I try to go to the System Menu, it just returns to the white Priiloader screen.
No matter what I do, if I disable all the hacks, oranyother way of getting to the System Menu, it just takes me back to the Priiloader screen.

How do I fix this?

I think I'm using Priloader 1.1.

Part of my prblem is that I synced my Wiimote to my other system and I'm trying to sync it back to this one.

My only method of navigation is a Dance Revolution mat connected to the GC port.

Thanks for the help.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
Daco said:
icpmattj said:

same problem yes

I'm having the same problems as icpmattj was. when ever I try to go to the System Menu, it just returns to the white Priiloader screen.
No matter what I do, if I disable all the hacks, oranyother way of getting to the System Menu, it just takes me back to the Priiloader screen.

How do I fix this?

Part of my prblem is that I synced my Wiimote to my other system and I'm trying to sync it back to this one.

My only method of navigation is a Dance Revolution mat connected to the GC port.

Thanks for the help.

try booting into the HBC from priiloader and then reinstall the system menu wad for your firmware.
That will get rid of priiloader all together.

If you can't do this because of the wii remote sync issue search around and find the version of wad manager that is compatible with a gamecube controller and use it.If you don't have one then its time to get one.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
icpmattj said:
Sacohen9665 said:
Daco said:
icpmattj said:

same problem yes

How do I fix this?

Thanks for the help.

try booting into the HBC from priiloader and then reinstall the system menu wad for your firmware.
That will get rid of priiloader all together.

If you can't do this because of the wii remote sync issue search around and find the version of wad manager that is compatible with a gamecube controller and use it.If you don't have one then its time to get one.
thats the "fix"
but please first check the files like i said before
i REALLY need to know what happend or able to reproduce it to fix it
PLEASE check the files before fixing

also, priiloader 1.1? there is only 0.1...

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:

How do I fix this?

Thanks for the help.

Daco said:
That will get rid of priiloader all together

Where can I find the system menu wad?

Daco said:

thats the "fix"

What am I checking for? I didn't see anything in the posts that asked that the files be checked. I'll be glad to check it if I know what I'm looking fot.

QUOTE(Daco @ Nov 28 2009, 03:16 AM)
also, priiloader 1.1? there is only 0.1...

Sorry, I said I wasn't sure, I had been trying different thing until I found one that worked, I was ahveing problems getting preloader 0.29 Jodi an .30 working, so this was the first thing that installed and I didn't notice what version it was.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Sacohen9665 said:
Daco said:

thats the "fix"

What am I checking for? I didn't see anything in the posts that asked that the files be checked. I'll be glad to check it if I know what I'm looking fot.

QUOTE(Daco @ Nov 24 2009, 04:27 PM)
i just dont understand why it would fail to rename the system menu... (or code dump for that matter) when installing...

EDIT: btw Ultralex, if you still have the buggy priiloader installed. would you please provide me the following info :
- what files are there in your /title/00000001/00000002/data/ & /title/00000001/00000002/content/ folders on the nand
- what are the sizes of the files in those folders

that should be all i need to know to know what exactly fails and what happend

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
Sacohen9665 said:
Daco said:

thats the "fix"

QUOTE(Daco @ Nov 24 2009, 04:27 PM)
i just dont understand why it would fail to rename the system menu... (or code dump for that matter) when installing...

EDIT: btw Ultralex, if you still have the buggy priiloader installed. would you please provide me the following info :
- what files are there in your /title/00000001/00000002/data/ & /title/00000001/00000002/content/ folders on the nand
- what are the sizes of the files in those folders

that should be all i need to know to know what exactly fails and what happend

Daco;

I'd be glad to get that info for you, but I need a little help/direction getting it.

I'm kind of new to this whole thing, only been doing it for 3-4 months, but I am a little technical, so if you give me some direction on how to find out these answers I'll be glad to do it.

Thanks.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
you need to have ios36 patched with trucha & ES_DIverify patched (and maybe nand permission too; could be handy)

then use ftpii & a ftp client (or if you know a good nand explorer that should do ) to check those folders in the isfs folder (in ftpii that should be isfs/title/0000001/00000002/content & isfs/title/0000001/00000002/data )
get those folders or check the files (tell me all the names & file sizes)

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
you need to have ios36 patched with trucha & ES_DIverify patched (and maybe nand permission too; could be handy)

then use ftpii & a ftp client (or if you know a good nand explorer that should do ) to check those folders in the isfs folder (in ftpii that should be isfs/title/0000001/00000002/content & isfs/title/0000001/00000002/data )
get those folders or check the files (tell me all the names & file sizes)

Ok I got images of those folders for you.

The Content folder is like this...
ContentFolder.jpg

and the Data Folder is like this...

DataFolder.jpg

I got a copy of the v4.2u system menu wad, by using WB3000's NUS Downloader (NUSD) v1.3 Beta, from Wiibrew. I think this pulls the files from the Nintendo Update Server.

Is this the best way to go, wince this originally was a version 3.4 menu that I upgraded, using this guide (Upgrading to 4.2 easily without the issues of the official update.)

I also have a NAND backup from before I did anything to the system except install Boot Mii. tha would bring me back to version 3.4 like it came out of the box.
Plus if I do a Nand backup of the state it is in now, I can go back to 3.4 re-sync the remote then bring it back to my completed state of now, but the remote will work so I can controll things better.

I would like to know your opinion.

Thanks;

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
exactly as i thought. the installer failed to copy the system menu app (see that its 0kb).

now that i have your pictures & info on the files i can look at the source and try and know why it crashed. you can go ahead and reinstall the system menu wad & install priiloader again (this time it should work for some odd reason)

ow btw, what loader/method were you installing priiloader with? what ios were you using? is the ios (if not cios) patched with anything? do yuou have any system menu patch or anything you used to install the system menu ?

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a quick question, I have the latest priiloader installed and have set it to auto boot system menu and return to system menu, but whenever I use the home button to exit cfg loader instead of taking me to the menu as it used to before installing priiloader it now takes me back to the health screen I know I can use the auto press a hack but would prefer not to is this expected or should it take me to sys menu? if it should any ideas why it doesn't?

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
shepe said:
I have a quick question, I have the latest priiloader installed and have set it to auto boot system menu and return to system menu, but whenever I use the home button to exit cfg loader instead of taking me to the menu as it used to before installing priiloader it now takes me back to the health screen I know I can use the auto press a hack but would prefer not to is this expected or should it take me to sys menu? if it should any ideas why it doesn't?
i have no idea why it does this. im guessing it has to do with the bootstate handling or something crediar changed before releasing source. my first priority is the installation crash and then that.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
exactly as i thought. the installer failed to copy the system menu app (see that its 0kb).

Since I have access to that file using FTPii and can't really get around using the Wiimote. is there a way you can PM me the file that nees to go there, so I can just replace it using FTPii and thing should be OK, or am I just thinking wrong.

Daco said:
ow btw, what loader/method were you installing priiloader with? what ios were you using? is the ios (if not cios) patched with anything? do yuou have any system menu patch or anything you used to install the system menu ?

I installed priiloader though the apps menu in HBC. ( I'm not sure if that answers your question or not)
I guess I'm using ISO 36 that I ran Trucha Bug Restorer v1.1 on so I guess that patched it

Like I said I upgraded the system menu from 3.4 U to 4.2U following these directions.

* v4.2 Safe Firmware Upgrader from the first post in this thread

Upgrading

1. If you have not done so recently, make a back up with BootMii before attempting this.
2. Use the Wii Data Management screen to check you have at least 250 blocks of free space left. Delete unneeded channels or saves until you do.
3. Remove all GameCube memory cards and controllers.
* This step is very important. Do not ignore it .
4. Unrar V4.2 Safe Firmware Updater.rar and copy the contents of the apps folder to sd:/apps.
5. Start the Homebrew Channel and run v4.2 Safe Updater.
6. Read the message and push A to accept.
7. Check that the installer has detected the correct region for your Wii. Push A to accept.
* If you install an update from the wrong region, it will brick your Wii, so be careful here
8. The tool will automatically download and install the needed IOSes.
9. When the tool completes you will be on Firmware 4.2. Push A to exit when prompted.
* If the tool does not ask you to push A to exit after the installation, it means one of the downloads crashed. You will need to run it again.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
since im nearing the end stages of 0.2 development for priiloader i need testers again. this time im not going to post link or anything.

the first 5 ppl who reply to me on twitter (my username is DacoTaco obviously) with as topic #priiloader get a link to the beta for testing. as always; any dmg done is not my fault

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
since im nearing the end stages of 0.2 development for priiloader i need testers again. this time im not going to post link or anything.

the first 5 ppl who reply to me on twitter (my username is DacoTaco obviously) with as topic #priiloader get a link to the beta for testing. as always; any dmg done is not my fault
I am in if you want to PM me this link.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Daco said:

I'm in got bootmii boot2 on both my wii's willing to test on both

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello