there goes my little fun game
frown.gif

tpb8675309

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hats off to Daco for all the hard work in reviving and continuing the Preloader project.

I've read the readme, read this thread (yes all pages 15 pages), and I've looked through the Preloader and Priiloader WiiBrew pages.

My question refers to the Warning message on WiiBrew.
WiiBrew Priiloader Page said:
PLEASE READ THE _WHOLE_ README BEFORE RUNNING THE INSTALLER.
THIS TOOL MODIFIES THE NORMAL BEHAVIOR OF THE WII SYSTEM AND THEREFORE CAN CAUSE UNEXPECTED PROBLEMS.
IT IS _HIGHLY_ RECOMMENDED TO INSTALL PRELOADER ONLY ON A WII WITH UNMODIFIED IOSs!!
YOU AGREE THAT YOU INSTALL THIS TOOL ON YOUR OWN RISK, THE AUTHOR CAN NOT BE HELD
RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY EITHER USING OR INSTALLING THIS TOOL.
I understand patching system IOS and cIOS installs are heavily frowned upon, but will Priiloader install?, Will it load SM with a patched IOS60?

Here's my config (in sig too)
System Menu 4.0U,
IOS36 = Patched (trucha, ES_Identiy, nand_perm)
IOS60 = Patched (?trucha, ES_Identiy, nand_perm?) not 100% on what is patched on 60.. researching presently...
IOS249 = cIOS38_rev14,
IOS250 = cIOS38_rev14_bkup
IOS254 = BootMii beta4,
'DVDX' v1,
'JODI' v1.0.6 aka Homebrew

Since I'm BootMii on IOS with two patch system IOS (including 60!) would it be insane to try a Priiloader 0.1 (aka svn_r15) install? I've seen some reports of people getting a successful Priiloader v0.1 install on a patched IOS60 or a patched IOS70, but the all caps on WiiBrew seems to REALLY discourage this kind of install.

I'm not interested in any of the hacks... yet
wink.gif
. All I want is some degree of brick protection but I don't want to paint myself into a corner getting it.

Thoughts on what the odds of getting a good Priiloader install and successful System Menu with the above softmodded config?

Final question... looking through the posts in this thread sounds like the (unconfirmed) bug list for v0.1 consist of:
1) Disk always spinning (possibly confirmed).
2) If you eject and reinsert a disk with the power off, you have to pull line cord to power back up (definitely unconfirmed).
3) Home key->Wii Menu takes you back to health screen instead of Wii Menu (confirmed)
4) And of course these... http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/issues/list

Thanks to all for your work...

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
it works with patched ios's (hell, it needs ios36 patched if the installer is loaded trough HBC) but i highly recommend to use a unpatched system menu ios (altho it shouldn't hurt)

also, wrong. the disk spin bug is finally killed now. the disk thingy is unconfirmed and has not be reproduced from what i can tell (not on my wii nor anyone else's wii ive known :/ )

the reset (return to, booting system menu or booting into system menu settings) are fixed in the upcoming 0.2 (which is why in the upcoming video by F_GOD and his final fantasy theme video you dont see the press A, i resetted from HBC
tongue.gif
)

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having a huge problem here.

-I installed IOS60(patched, using DOP) and system menu 4.1
-Installed Priiloader; it crashed the first time I tried to, installed the second time.
-Now I'm stuck in preloader, can't access the system menu at all and the homebrew channel doesn't boot - it goes to a screen with corrupted graphics and freezes.

Note: I followed the directions for USB LoaderGX before I did this, and the system menu I went from was 3.3.

Bottom of preloader: IOS v60 systemmenu v449

TheNewbPleaser

Trophies
XP
Country
1st try running dop ios MOD and update all your ioses then run wad manager and try installing ios 70 and system menu 4.2. thats a fix but ull be 4.2 saftly

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TheNewbPleaser said:
1st try running dop ios MOD and update all your ioses then run wad manager and try installing ios 70 and system menu 4.2. thats a fix but ull be 4.2 saftly
I can't seem to launch it, tried using the install file feature in preloader, since I can't launch the homebrew channel..

TheNewbPleaser

Trophies
XP
Country
segasaturn said:
TheNewbPleaser said:
I can't seem to launch it, tried using the install file feature in preloader, since I can't launch the homebrew channel..

u just need to run the boot.dol of dop ios mod

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TheNewbPleaser said:
segasaturn said:
TheNewbPleaser said:

Yeah, it wouldn't launch, it crashes to a code dump.

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got the Homebrew Channel to launch from BootMii (I love that thing.) and re-installed the 4.1 menu. It all works now.. well.. everything but the preloader itself >_>
Maybe the next version will work with it properly? :/

tpb8675309

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
it works with patched ios's ... but i highly recommend to use a unpatched system menu ios
Understood. Thanks for the heads up. I will likely give it a shot once I get up the nerve.

As for the IOS60 patch, if I get a solid install on my current config, I may go ahead and unpach IOS60 (download on PC from NUS and install with WAD Manager).

If I install a un-patched IOS60 back onto my 4.0u system after Priiloader is installed, will I need to re-install Priiloader, or is that only required when installing the system menu WAD?

@segasaturn Any clue what triggered your core dump. I'm running patched IOS60 and don't want to get stuck without BootMii or HBC. Were you finally able to get to BootMii through boot2 or through preloader?

thx...

PS my config is:

System Menu 4.0U, IOS36 = Patched, IOS60 = Patched
IOS249 = cIOS38_rev14, IOS250 = cIOS38_rev14_bkup
IOS254 = BootMii beta4, 'DVDX' v1, 'JODI' v1.0.6

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tpb8675309 said:
Daco said:
it works with patched ios's ... but i highly recommend to use a unpatched system menu ios
Understood. Thanks for the heads up. I will likely give it a shot once I get up the nerve.

As for the IOS60 patch, if I get a solid install on my current config, I may go ahead and unpach IOS60 (download on PC from NUS and install with WAD Manager).

If I install a un-patched IOS60 back onto my 4.0u system after Priiloader is installed, will I need to re-install Priiloader, or is that only required when installing the system menu WAD?

@segasaturn Any clue what triggered your core dump. I'm running patched IOS60 and don't want to get stuck without BootMii or HBC. Were you finally able to get to BootMii through boot2 or through preloader?

thx...

PS my config is:

System Menu 4.0U, IOS36 = Patched, IOS60 = Patched
IOS249 = cIOS38_rev14, IOS250 = cIOS38_rev14_bkup
IOS254 = BootMii beta4, 'DVDX' v1, 'JODI' v1.0.6

I don't know what caused it, sorry. I followed the instructions on the USB LoaderGX site and then I installed ios60 and system menu 4.1 and installed the latest Wii Shop Channel along with unpatched 61 and patched 60.
I fixed it by going into bootmii (IOS) through bootmii and launching the Homebrew Channel from there.

Still want to get Priiloader on my Wii :/

tpb8675309

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
segasaturn said:
I fixed it by going into bootmii (IOS) through the bootloader and launching the Homebrew Channel from there.
By "bootloader" do you mean Priiloader? Not sure I follow what bootloader is. What did the bootloader screen look like?

thx

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tpb8675309 said:
segasaturn said:
I fixed it by going into bootmii (IOS) through the bootloader and launching the Homebrew Channel from there.
By "bootloader" do you mean Priiloader? Not sure I follow what bootloader is. What did the bootloader screen look like?

thx
Sorry, I kinda mixed up there - I meant bootmii.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
segasaturn, the bug you had is something im uncertain why it happens (and why it happens only on a few ppl...). the next version ( 0.2 ) will not have the installer crash fixed but will stop the "stuck in priiloader" from happening (it checks if the copy system menu app is 0 bytes, if it is the installer must have crashed with the bug and ignores the priiloader installation and starts all over)

tpb8675309

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thumbs up!

Priiloader v0.1 installed no problem. Turns out my config was very similar to the softmod guide on Afterdawn and Wiihacks. The Wiihacks guys have had the "install priiloader" step after loading a patched IOS60 for a few weeks now (for better or worse). So looks like a few people over there have drunk the kool-aid.

I downloaded to .dol from WiiBrew and renamed to boot.dol in a folder under apps on the SD and launched via homebrew. Built hacks.ini from Wiibrew as well.

One thing I added was LoadMii.dol in the root of my SD. LoadMii is an awesome low-tech homebrew channel replacer. Good fall back if HBC goes bonkers.

One (final) question I had... What does ".... Install ..." in the "Load/Install File" menu item do? I accidentally "Installed" loadmii.dol before I launched it. Does this really place the .dol in my NAND somewhere. If so, where would I peak in a NAND dump to find it?

UPDATE: OK... read the source... all is clear (nice code btw). "Install" places the dol in ../data/main.bin. Then if you want you can load main.bin for whatever reason. LoadMii is a good .dol to have in that spot for me, so I'm very cool with that. Think I'm squared away...

thx again!

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheNewbPleaser said:
segasaturn said:
TheNewbPleaser said:
i think the problem is his installation of priiloader at 4.1 and not to update to 4.2...

why don't you just reinstall your system menu 4.1 through NUSD then wad manager, then try installing priiloader again. the author admitted that there is a known bug for his installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users