stylesxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Daco said:
stylesxp said:
I'm currently using .30r4. Forwarder for WiiFlow doesn't work. Will it work with this version?
go try
you have nothing to lose

EDIT: and why wont it start in phpgeek's rev4?
I get a code dump when I try to run it manually from preloader and a black screen when I try to autoboot to it. Thought I saw others with the same problem that were able to resolve it by going back to .29 jodi (or was that just for config usb loader?). If this is safe to install with bootmii as IOS only (which I think you already said it was), then I'll give it a try. Generally, I usually only upgrade things if I know it will fix/give something I need, which is why I wanted to know if this issue was resolved first.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
stylesxp said:
Daco said:
stylesxp said:
I'm currently using .30r4. Forwarder for WiiFlow doesn't work. Will it work with this version?
go try
you have nothing to lose

EDIT: and why wont it start in phpgeek's rev4?
I get a code dump when I try to run it manually from preloader and a black screen when I try to autoboot to it. Thought I saw others with the same problem that were able to resolve it by going back to .29 jodi (or was that just for config usb loader?). If this is safe to install with bootmii as IOS only (which I think you already said it was), then I'll give it a try. Generally, I usually only upgrade things if I know it will fix/give something I need, which is why I wanted to know if this issue was resolved first.
its safe and you can always downgrade after that
i think i know what you mean tho. might get fixed in future release. god knows if it'll work

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
DeadlyFoez said:
I haven't bothered to try any of the preloader versions that came out after the official .29 version. I just installed the HAXX to JODI forwarder wad and everything works perfect. I dont need the SDHC support so it makes it nice not having to be the tester for something as important as preloader.
the important parts are all tested by me and other ppl.
stuff like system menu booting, dol booting & such are not important and are just features

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me with a problem I am having?

I am an intermediate user, I have been on the Wii homebrew scene almost from day 1 and have never had any serious problems (or something I can't solve without looking up online).

My Wii was bought about one year ago, it is my second system (my other one is a launch system that happily runs homebrew) and one of the unlucky first ones to not be able to support BootMii (and thus I had it installed as an IOS).

I had used the old method to downgrade my Wii and then upgrade it back up with homebrew enabled.

So my Wii was running 4.1E happily just a few days ago, with preloader installed, BootMii as IOS, and I hadn't have a single problem.

All my problems begun when I decided to update to 4.2E, despite obvious warnings that there is no real advantage to do it.

I used safe updater and the update completed succesfully. I had already installed the new HBC,DVDX,Boot Mii beforehand, and I soon had my Wii running on 4.2E with all menus working.

Because I could no longer run region free channels and games, and I also required the features of preloader on 4.2, I discovered priiloader as a good alternative and update from my old preloader 0.29

So I installed, and ... my system menu was not working.

I tried playing around with all settings, from using the original IOS to various IOS numbers. I even used DOP-IOS to reinstall IOS60 to see if that could somehow work, but to no avail.

As far as I know, I have tried everything.

I even attempted this whole process twice (I did one more 'safe upgrade' to 4.2E) and it worked fine and my menu was restored.. without priiloader.

Installing priiloader again, I simply have no menu.

Of course my Wii is technically perfectly usable, because I can go to Homebrew Channel and that's where I do most of my daily Wii tasks, but it does concern me that I can't access the proper Wii menu:

1) I can't access my settings directly, making it a hell if I need to change anything, for example internet settings
2) I need access to Weather, News and Mii Channels
3) I need access to the SD card menu.

I am faced with the option of giving up on preloader/priiloader and simply using the proper Wii Menu without any other brick safety line (I can't have Boot Mii as it is properly intended to) if it means restoring my menu, but I also dislike having to run my imports using separate channels. Preloader made things so simple and it always gave me a peace of mind when playing around with my console.

I am afraid of doing anything too 'aggressive' in trying out solutions, because of the fact that I can't access my system menu. I don't want to risk a complete brick, and I feel my quasi-brick is almost halfway there.

Anyone that can help me?

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
i could help if you said what the problem is
you just said you needed help & system menu doesn't work

now if i knew what about the system menu booting fails... >_>

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
I simply can't seem to be able to go to the system menu. Priiloader can autoboot, return and shutdown to HBC, Priiloader, BootMii (IOS) as normal, but when the System Menu is involved, the Wii either crashes with a black screen, or, if run from the Priiloader directly, I get an error telling me that I need ES_Diverfyi and that system menu did not run.

I was told as a solution to re-install 4.2E menu, then install preloader 0.30 first and then priiloader. Would that in any way help?

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
grcd said:
I simply can't seem to be able to go to the system menu. Priiloader can autoboot, return and shutdown to HBC, Priiloader, BootMii (IOS) as normal, but when the System Menu is involved, the Wii either crashes with a black screen, or, if run from the Priiloader directly, I get an error telling me that I need ES_Diverfyi and that system menu did not run.

I was told as a solution to re-install 4.2E menu, then install preloader 0.30 first and then priiloader. Would that in any way help?
no, check settings and set "Use System Menu IOS" to on

what i am surprised about is that it just shows a black screen sometimes...

EDIT: also, set all the hacks off.

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe the solution was so simple. I had literally tried everything but did not think of turning off all hacks. I must have some kind of outdated or corrupt hacks file. I can now boot normally.

Can you please point me to a reliable place to get hacks for priiloader?

Thank you very much for everything, this had been bugging me for nearly a week now.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
grcd said:
I can't believe the solution was so simple. I had literally tried everything but did not think of turning off all hacks. I must have some kind of outdated or corrupt hacks file. I can now boot normally.

Can you please point me to a reliable place to get hacks for priiloader?

Thank you very much for everything, this had been bugging me for nearly a week now.
the wiibrew hacks wiki should work
not really a hacks user
tongue.gif

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After upgrading from the preloader.30 (r4 I think) version to priiloader the other day I had the same problem as the last guy. I had the older version working fine on 4.2U with IOS70 -- had used freethebug to apply patches. I decided to upgrade to the priiloader beta and when I tried to load the system menu I got a black screen. When I went back into priiloader I got the ES_Diverify error or whatever for IOS70. I was able to use IOS60 to boot the system menu and from there re-install my IOS70 patched wad. After which, I was able to set priiloader back to use IOS70 for systemmenu and everything workied fine. Not sure what caused the issue.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
borissaid said:
After upgrading from the preloader.30 (r4 I think) version to priiloader the other day I had the same problem as the last guy. I had the older version working fine on 4.2U with IOS70 -- had used freethebug to apply patches. I decided to upgrade to the priiloader beta and when I tried to load the system menu I got a black screen. When I went back into priiloader I got the ES_Diverify error or whatever for IOS70. I was able to use IOS60 to boot the system menu and from there re-install my IOS70 patched wad. After which, I was able to set priiloader back to use IOS70 for systemmenu and everything workied fine. Not sure what caused the issue.
user & dev error.
i added a check to make it stop reloading ios if the going to use ios = system menu ios
that way it should kill 30% of the ES_DIVerify

i should also look into why the installer doesn't always remove hacks/settings when updating/uninstalling

MarioMadness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
does this work on 4.2 with cIOSCORP 3.5 correctly? do i need to run on IOS60 or anything like that?

also i see on the googlecode site these rev24 , but only a rev15.dol

so which libogc and gcc setup is needed to compile the latest or will PriiLoader update its self?

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
it will not update itself. I'm not sure how to compile the revised source. I figure eventually they'll release a new binary when they feel its worth it.
that is correct. ill eventually make a binary, let it get tested; remove bug if any and release 0.2 but thats a looong time from now
tongue.gif

davidw89

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any newbie guides to install this step by step on a 4.1 with HBC? I don't want to stuff up my Wii incase anything happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: I hope it's not a week.