Hacking Priiloader Public BETA

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Daco said:
Kromgol said:
Hey Daco, why can't i boot into system menu on your Priiloader? Works with Preloader r4 and others, it's something about di_verify error.
check the settings. let it use system menu ios

You know that you can change the tmd (and ticket) of the system menu to use another IOS? That way you could use any IOS you want and you would still not require any IOS patching.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiPower said:
Daco said:
Kromgol said:
Hey Daco, why can't i boot into system menu on your Priiloader? Works with Preloader r4 and others, it's something about di_verify error.

You know that you can change the tmd (and ticket) of the system menu to use another IOS? That way you could use any IOS you want and you would still not require any IOS patching.
ye, but i'd rather not do that any time soon cause of the dangers behind it.
i might do it later on (damn my todo list is getting bigger
tongue.gif
)

D

Deleted User

Daco said:
Kromgol said:

It was at IOS60, and it still didn't work.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Kromgol said:
Daco said:
Kromgol said:

It was at IOS60, and it still didn't work.
with let it use system menu ios i mean the setting "Use System Menu IOS" , not the "IOS to use for SM" >_>
once you save the settings reboot the wii and it -should- work as it doesn't do any ios reloading OR es_identify

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apparently, if you run the installer via bannerbomb instead of through HBC, you do not need a patched IOS to install priiloader. i.e. on a fully updated wii, with no IOS modification, you can install priiloader. According to dacotaco, so I'd say its quite reliable.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SifJar said:
Apparently, if you run the installer via bannerbomb instead of through HBC, you do not need a patched IOS to install priiloader. i.e. on a fully updated wii, with no IOS modification, you can install priiloader. According to dacotaco, so I'd say its quite reliable.

Hmm, this should be true. When running something from bannerbomb and not doing an IOS Reload, you should still be identified as system menu which should give write permission on the system binaries. Why didn't anybody else have this idea before?

Hmm, someone could write an AnyTitle Deleter mod that also does not require any IOS messing.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
SifJar said:

Hmm, this should be true. When running something from bannerbomb and not doing an IOS Reload, you should still be identified as system menu which should give write permission on the system binaries. Why didn't anybody else have this idea before?

Hmm, someone could write an AnyTitle Deleter mod that also does not require any IOS messing.

Basically just remove the IOS_Reload function right? Same should work for most ES_Identify requiring homebrew: StartPatch etc. would also work with this.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
bjorno said:
Does the priiloader on wiibrew works on firmware 4.2E? or does it brick?
since when would preloader brick wii's ? it never did; it just gave the "system is corrupt" cause it was loaded with the wrong ios. which should also be solved in priiloader cause it uses system menu ios by default

WiiPower said:
QUOTE(SifJar @ Nov 7 2009, 02:25 PM) Apparently, if you run the installer via bannerbomb instead of through HBC, you do not need a patched IOS to install priiloader. i.e. on a fully updated wii, with no IOS modification, you can install priiloader. According to dacotaco, so I'd say its quite reliable.

my theory exactly.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SifJar said:
Basically just remove the IOS_Reload function right? Same should work for most ES_Identify requiring homebrew: StartPatch etc. would also work with this.

Yes. Practiacally you need to add an empty
s32 __IOS_LoadStartupIOS()
{
return 0;
}

function when using the old libogc. On the new libogc this should be removed, but adding this empty function won't harm in that case.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So even if i got 4.2E, installer your priiloader wont brick for sure right? And if im gonna get a system corrupt message, i just have to set system menu ios to default right?

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
bjorno said:
So even if i got 4.2E, installer your priiloader wont brick for sure right? And if im gonna get a system corrupt message, i just have to set system menu ios to default right?
it wont brick. or shouldn't. everything is tested and working (except some minor bugs im looking into)
your wii should be safe. also, "i just have to set system menu ios to default right?"
more like set "use system menu ios" to on in settings. but you'll see
smile.gif

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed priiloader and everything works perfectly. The only bug I noticed is that when you exit a channel, the wii returns to the health screen instead of showing the backmenu. Has anyone else reported this bug, and if so, can it be addressed?

Thanks again for this release
biggrin.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xfcrowman said:
I installed priiloader and everything works perfectly. The only bug I noticed is that when you exit a channel, the wii returns to the health screen instead of showing the backmenu. Has anyone else reported this bug, and if so, can it be addressed?

Thanks again for this release
biggrin.gif
If you enable the replace health screen with backmenu hack, this issue should be resolved. Although it will never show Health Screen, even when you turn on Wii.

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
Daco said:
and i have been thinking about re-adding a update method but that requires me to learn http parsing which could take a while
tongue.gif
curl. Although you can knock up a crude HTTP parser in minutes. Anyway, don't reinvent the wheel. It's a dangerous feature anyway. I don't want something that can brick my system updating itself.

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
Daco said:
and i have been thinking about re-adding a update method but that requires me to learn http parsing which could take a while
tongue.gif
curl. Although you can knock up a crude HTTP parser in minutes. Anyway, don't reinvent the wheel. It's a dangerous feature anyway. I don't want something that can brick my system updating itself.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Retal said:
Daco said:
tongue.gif
dont worry, its not going to update itself. all user input/chosen if ill re-add it. so if it breaks; users fault as it clearly says in the installer : AT OWN RISK
tongue.gif

+ if ill add update, ill prob crc32 check the installer.dol to check if its not corrupted and add various checks in the installer.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
do i still need to reinstall priiloader every time i change system menu? like if i upgrade 4.1->4.2 or downgrade 4.2->4.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-