OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
so phpgeek & me agreed to combine our knowledge (altho he hasn't mailed back after agreeing and seeing the google code page)

and here we go

we present to you Priiloader. a preloader mod
smile.gif

and now the links

wiibrew : http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader

download : http://www.nyleveia.com/daco/dlpriiloader.php?ver=0_3b

google code : http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/

changelog since official preloader 0.30:
* added autoboot Bootmii IOS
* added Bootmii IOS booting option to menu
* let Priiloader remount SD on a lot of occasions
* try and boot the HAXX Homebrew Channel title ID if JODI isn't found
* various file access bug fixes
* priiloader no longer needs ES_DIVerify for system menu booting. however if a different ios is chosen to run system menu with it still needs the hack/patch
* killed the DVD spin bug (crediar forgot to close the dvd drive in ios)
* fixed file booting (thx phpgeek)
* added our own installer (phpgeek's) which still has various bugs
* fixed THE bug of beta thx to wntrmute
* re-added the option to choose which ios you want for system menu but this time a bit different

+ 0.3b changes (see wiibrew)

please report bugs decently if you find any >_>

also, keep in mind that priiloader can choose which ios to use altho its completely useless if you fucked the system menu ios which is your own fault as it works with unpatched ios's
smile.gif

and i have been thinking about re-adding a update method but that requires me to learn http parsing which could take a while
tongue.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please tell it more clearly that your mod runs well with an unpatched IOS60. Ok, trucha signed stuff(discs, sd menu) won't work with that, but the preloader mod and the system menu itself will with an unpatched IOS.

Now if you test this, fix bugs if there are any, and most important, write an installer that runs from BootMii and won't require IOS messing, this would a great milestone as big as BootMii or preloader itself.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiPower said:
Please tell it more clearly that your mod runs well with an unpatched IOS60. Ok, trucha signed stuff(discs, sd menu) won't work with that, but the preloader mod and the system menu itself will with an unpatched IOS.

Now if you test this, fix bugs if there are any, and most important, write an installer that runs from BootMii and won't require IOS messing, this would a great milestone as big as BootMii or preloader itself.

sorry I didn't follow, what exactly requires the system menu IOS to be trucha patched? Does anything require it to be ES_Identity patched (other than older versions of preloader).

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
code dump when selecting Install/Load File menu

code dump when selecting System Menu from Priiloader menu

HBC loads fine

code dump when selecting BootMii IOS

code dump when selecting System Menu Hacks

autoboot to system menu works

i'm on 4.2U
using correct hacks.ini and i have priiloader set to use IOS 70

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiPower said:

if i could make an installer that doesn't need patched ios i would've done so long ago as im against cios,cioscorp or any ios patching (and yes, i dont pirate on wii)

i know there is mini but using that sure is on hardware level coding and im NOT going to start with that without bootmii as boot2 >_>

@0ld8oy : my bro had the same. im guessing you are using cioscorp? sadly i have no idea why it does that cause i have no idea where/what it crashes at. im guessing SD card but i doubt it... (worked fine with my crappy SDHC card...)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
On regular preloader you need ES_Idenitfy/ES_DiVerify on the system menu IOS(60) to be able to idenitfy as the system menu, which is an unnecessary step as preloader is started as system menu and then identifying as that changes nothing.

Both preloaders "need" a trucha patched IOS to allow installing trucha patched stuff. Playing a warez wad from sd menu involves installing that to the nand. And for some reason you need a trucha patched IOS to run trucha patched discs from the disc channel, while regular wads and IOS can be even unsigned and run fine with all IOS.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Daco said:
WiiPower said:

if i could make an installer that doesn't need patched ios i would've done so long ago as im against cios,cioscorp or any ios patching (and yes, i dont pirate on wii)

i know there is mini but using that sure is on hardware level coding and im NOT going to start with that without bootmii as boot2 >_>

@0ld8oy : my bro had the same. im guessing you are using cioscorp? sadly i have no idea why it does that cause i have no idea where/what it crashes at. im guessing SD card but i doubt it... (worked fine with my crappy SDHC card...)

It's not that much hardware level if you get source code from some app that writes to the nand filesystem. I think that code is inside the nand formatter. Anyways, if you don't do it, somebody else will.

Important: Do not use the new libogc, there's some sd card bug in it. To get back to 1.7.x you also need devkitppc r17.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiPower said:
Daco said:
WiiPower said:

It's not that much hardware level if you get source code from some app that writes to the nand filesystem. I think that code is inside the nand formatter. Anyways, if you don't do it, somebody else will.

Important: Do not use the new libogc, there's some sd card bug in it. To get back to 1.7.x you also need devkitppc r17.
a wel, im using rev18 lol
didn't notice any sd bug tho :/

and ive been using rev18 for a while now, nobody had problems till now...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well brkirch, the guy behind the latest Gecko OS, noticed some error and uses the old libogc for Gecko OS because of that. When i compiled Gecko OS with the latest libogc, some games(retail games, no patched IOS) were not working.

Also i have that great issue: When i compiled BlueDump with the new libogc, it created a wad file on sd card, my pc could not read(!). And yes, i could reproduce it and with old libogc i could read the file.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiPower said:
Well brkirch, the guy behind the latest Gecko OS, noticed some error and uses the old libogc for Gecko OS because of that. When i compiled Gecko OS with the latest libogc, some games(retail games, no patched IOS) were not working.

Also i have that great issue: When i compiled BlueDump with the new libogc, it created a wad file on sd card, my pc could not read(!). And yes, i could reproduce it and with old libogc i could read the file.
if thats the case ill downgrade; build installer ; and update again (im actually using some new functions in other projects of mine)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kyno said:
Thank's , but what is change in rev17 ?

They're talking about rev17 of libogc, which is the Wii homebrew development SDK (or something like that =P). They're not talking about rev17 of priiloader.

EDIT: Sorry, its devkitppc, not libogc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards