Priiloader & Homebrew but no System Menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wec777, Apr 8, 2015.

1. wec777
    OP

wec777 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2012
    Pakistan
    Hey guys (& gals), sorry to bug you but after scouring the forums I still can't find the answer to the dilemma of no System Menu all of the sudden. I've checked things like PriiLoader black screen hack is turned off, and worked through the ModMii updates but to no avail. I believe the system was originally hacked using Mauifrog's method. Any help getting this working again would be appreciated. Here's my SysCheck:

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Do I need to download a replacement System Menu and if so, which version, from where, & how to install? Sorry to be such a n00b. :|

UPDATE: So I used ModMii to download System Menu 4.1E according to my SysCheck results above and installed using ModManager per the instructions here. Now I can't even get into PriiLoader.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    I suspect you got a bannerbrick (or more generally a bad title) installed, and by reinstalling the menu you obviously removed Priiloader (it renames the menu and installs itself to its original file)...

3. wec777
    OP

wec777 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2012
    Pakistan
    Ok, now what?

4. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    you are boned...installing a new system menu overwrote priiloader. you have a brick on your hands. sorry someone didnt get here sooner.

5. sonic1000

sonic1000 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2014
    United States
    There's no way this can be fixed?

6. wec777
    OP

wec777 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2012
    Pakistan
    Well that sucks. Why would someone say to reinstall the System Menu to fix the issue if that results in a brick? Odd. Oh well, stuff happens. Thanks everyone. :)

7. Onanghy

Onanghy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    United States
    You have bootmii installed...? With a copy of your nand... :(

8. wec777
    OP

wec777 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2012
    Pakistan
    I have bootmii installed, but I don't think as boot2. Yes I do have a copy of the nand. How do I get to bootmii though?

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    There may be a way to fix it.
    Check this troubleshooting guide: http://savemii.net/troubleshooting.html

10. wec777
    OP

wec777 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2012
    Pakistan
    So without an SD card in the drive, my Wii's blue light only blinks once, apparently indicating that bootmii is not as installed as I thought. :( Do I need to put it on a blank SD card and then boot it?

Checked the guide; $30 for a chip that may or may not fix it = not my cup of tea, especially when used Wii's are going for $20 shipped on fleaBay.

I did however find this video and this RAR file and I plan to use them if putting bootmii on an SD doesn't work. I'll let you know how it goes.

11. jazzyzha

jazzyzha Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2015
    Malaysia
    Any luck after following the video?