Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HEY LOOK I'M NEW!!!
gbasp.gif

...anyway...

@WiiGator and/or Waninkoko:
I'm curious if creation of a dedicated channel is in the works or are there plans to integrate this into the Backup Launcher Channel? Or option 3, will it be "boot from SD" only? If there are plans to create a channel, I would love to help with some of the graphics.

Also, I noticed someone saying something about creating "custom channels"...so I googled it and came up empty handed.
If anyone can point me towards some info on custom channel creation I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance....

P.S.
bow.gif
to EVERYONE who has made homebrew possible. I wish I could code like half of these people.

dbkdbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, if a game is split into two discs, isn't it possible to just burn the two part disc onto one and play.

dbkdbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OuahOuah said:
dbkdbk said:
I was wondering, if a game is split into two discs, isn't it possible to just burn the two part disc onto one and play.

The game will ask you to insert disc two, so how do you do that ?
smile.gif

Does it? I've never actually had a GameCube and I havent even bought a single game (GC; and I don't have a modchip) for my Wii.

And I have another questin, would Zelda Wind Waker require the FSTFIX thing?

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dbkdbk said:
OuahOuah said:
dbkdbk said:

The game will ask you to insert disc two, so how do you do that ?
smile.gif

Does it? I've never actually had a GameCube and I havent even bought a single game (GC; and I don't have a modchip) for my Wii.

And I have another questin, would Zelda Wind Waker require the FSTFIX thing?

Didn't WiiGator say the games/isos don't need to be fixed?

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
^The isos themselves (actual data) don't need to be altered, but Wiigater stated that they needed to be atleast 1/1.5 GB in size, so you'd have to add a bit of junk data (to certain games).

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
kashin said:
^The isos themselves (actual data) don't need to be altered, but Wiigater stated that they needed to be atleast 1/1.5 GB in size, so you'd have to add a bit of junk data (to certain games).
usin that fstfix thingy,right.. ? 
unsure.gif

.. yup !

... is there any other software to do that ?

DvdBos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was reading GBAtemp since this blog wasn't opened, with no question to ask.
Now that i have one, i've registered.

First of all i want to say THANKS to all the people who, like Wiigator and waninkoko, are trying to let us play freely with our wii console.
If wasn't for you, my Wii would have dust on it. Cheers
smile.gif

Now, my question. I've read that, in order to play and save GC games, we DO need a GC memorycard.
Isn't there possible to save stats into SD card instead of GCmemory?
If not, will there be this possibility in the future?

I'm asking this only because i only have a 59blocks memory card, and i may think to buy a 2043blocks-made-in-china to have enough space to save all the games i've never bought for my not modded gamecube.

Thanks a lot, i hope my English is at least readable.

Rainy

Trophies
XP
Country
You could export all your unused saves to your SD card and save them to your comp.

just a suggestion.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kashin said:

Well... after dumping they are all 1,35GB in size... If you do have a Game that is smaller, it would be a "Shrinked".

I invested in this Cube-MMC. It was the best i could do in the cube days...
http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk/catalo...ube-p-1540.html

DvdBos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rainy said:
You could export all your unused saves to your SD card and save them to your comp.

just a suggestion.
Great, i didn't understand what GCMM was useful for, now i have it.
Thanks a lot!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
A little bit annyoing, that nobody checks the "real gamecube backup loader discussion"-Thread...for all those who are too lazy for a few clicks...look what ppc_gba posted:
ppc_gba said:
well, since linkinworm has already posted vids of the gc backup launcher, I'll tell you that I made some small fixes to Wiigator's code and got multidiscs working. I got Smash Bros to play from a multidisc (gcos 4f).

About Pokemon and other problematic games: emu_kidid said that some games have more than one executable file the needs to be patched to used an altered dvd read command. However, even he hasn't gotten these games to work on sdboot, so if Wiigator can do it, he'll be the 1st! (ignoring psoload+modding).

There might also be some issues with pal games as well, but it's probably easily fixed.

Well..looks good, I think
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ