Pretty sure I messed up

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by C Dale, Jul 8, 2017.

1. C Dale
    OP

C Dale Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2015
    United States
    I was attempting to setup boot9strap and luna CFW on a O3DS running 11.4. I'm going the DSiWare Game Injection route using a O2DS that is already running luna CFW, also on 11.4.

So I purchase Sudoku on my O2DS, do all the prep on both SD cards, backup my NAND, and get to the point where I do the system transfer. During the transfer, I accidentally select "Use low power micro SD for transfer" instead of using the PC method.

After the transfer, I was able to successfully restore my NAND on the 2DS. The restore went fine. All games, saves, and CFW is fully intact. However on the 3DS, the system I'm trying to mod, I do not have the "SUDOKU" icon installed. I believe I can redownload it from the store, but from what I'm reading it won't help me.

What are my options here? This is the first dsiware injection I've done and I'm not sure how to proceed. Since I backed up my NAND on the 2DS and did a restore, can I do another transfer from the 2DS to the 3DS? Do I have to wait a week to do it?

Or worse, would I have to wait a week, do a system transfer from the 3ds to the 2ds, then wait another week and do a system transfer from the 2ds to the 3ds (after restoring the NAND). I'm not sure exactly how the NNID's work (or even how to tell which one it's running on).

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Raugo

Raugo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2014
    Install the game in the 2DS if you don't have it and prepare the save then in system setting transfer the game to the SD put this SD in the 3DS and transfter from the SD to the console.

Quantumcat and C Dale like this.
  3. jimmyj

jimmyj GBAtemp Fan

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    Yeah you have to wait a week then inject then a week and then done so yeah you are fucked(unless you call Nintendo to transfer the nnid and save your self 2 weeks)

4. Raugo

Raugo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2014
    No, after reinyect the nand backup in her 2DS he have the same movable.sed in the two systems then he can use the same SD content in the 2DS and the 3DS

Quantumcat likes this.
  5. C Dale
    OP

C Dale Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2015
    United States
    Is there a guide on how to do this? What is the movable.sed? Are you saying I can just copy the contents of my 2ds SD card to the 3DS sd card and it will move the game over?

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    No, because DSiWare is stored on NAND, not SD.
    But if you export the game to SD on the 2DS (of course after restoring a NAND backup) and copy it over to the 3DS then you should be able to import it.

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can skip the NAND restore part since you've already done that.

squall14716 likes this.