OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought a PS2 to GC adaptor not long ago so I could use it on emulators. Reason why is, I love this PS2 controller a lot and I used it on PC all the time. Now I intend to use it on Wii emulators, but there's a huge problem: since it's a PS2 pad and the adaptor detects pressure sensors, in order to press the L and R buttons I have to press them really, really hard. Because most emulators will only detect the L & R triggers on the GC gamepad if they're fully pressed, and so does the PS2 pad work, but it's a lot harder to perform since they're just buttons.

Now the thing is, I don't know if there's any solution by software, would you know if there's any way to disable pressure sensors on a PS2 gamepad so it works like a PSX one?

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
PS2 Controllers aren't pressure sensitive the PS3 Controllers are. Depending on what games you are playing with the ps2 controller depends on the adapter eg. SSBB doesnt use pressure sensors like melee does. So i would say it all depends on the game you are playing or the controller itself.

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
x_r3ap3r_x said:
PS2 Controllers aren't pressure sensitive the PS3 Controllers are. Depending on what games you are playing with the ps2 controller depends on the adapter eg. SSBB doesnt use pressure sensors like melee does. So i would say it all depends on the game you are playing or the controller itself.

Doesn't the Ps2 controller have analog buttons or something?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, the front buttons (triangle, circle, square and cross). but I think L and R are not analog.
Maybe I'm wrong ? but I don't remember games using L/R with analog.

ProtoKnux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
yes, the front buttons (triangle, circle, square and cross). but I think L and R are not analog.
Maybe I'm wrong ? but I don't remember games using L/R with analog.

Actually both R and both L buttons are analog, but it's hard to press them all the way down.

I know this because I tried one of those NEOGEO 2 pads and since it was detected as an old PSX controller, they were fully digital meaning just by pressing them they would act as fully pressed GC triggers.

All my PS2 controllers have analog buttons and therefore if I want to hold L2 or R2 (which are both GC analog triggers) I would have to apply some pressure, which hurts a lil bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night