GCN Prepping GC games on HDD for burning - don't know what to do :(

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have several Gamecube , er... 'disc images' - is that the right term?

Most are 1,459,978,240 bytes as they need to be. However, I have two problems and a 3rd question:

1) Some are not the right size. I believe that I just need FSTFIX to do the job? Can anyone point me in the direction of a download (it is legal, right?), and is there anything that I need to do bar running the 'F' process?

2) Some appear to be RAR archives, but I'm sure that they're not. If I try to unzip them, WinRAR says that there's no archive - these are also games that have already been unzipped once. Take a look...
3890.gcimages.jpg

I have just made Windows show extensions for known file types and they are all ISOs... should I leave them like that or change them to GCMs like the others are?
3991.gcimages2.jpg

3) Lastly, NAMES. I've modified the names of some of them to their proper titles, e.g Mario Party 4 was mp4-m3. Will that be a problem? I'm thinking maybe I need to change them back...

I'm sure that those in the know will find this very simple - please help!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) Yes , although there are a few games it breaks. Rogue squadron 2 is undersized but will not work if you try and fix it , you just have to keep it undersized. Can't help with the download you will just have to search
frown.gif

2)You've associated winrar with iso files , that's why they are showing up with the winrar icon even though they are not archives.

3)No , you can name the isos what you want.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
groovemeister said:
I have several Gamecube , er... 'disc images' - is that the right term?

Most are 1,459,978,240 bytes as they need to be. However, I have two problems and a 3rd question:

1) Some are not the right size. I believe that I just need FSTFIX to do the job? Can anyone point me in the direction of a download (it is legal, right?), and is there anything that I need to do bar running the 'F' process?

2) Some appear to be RAR archives, but I'm sure that they're not. If I try to unzip them, WinRAR says that there's no archive - these are also games that have already been unzipped once. Take a look...
3890.gcimages.jpg

I have just made Windows show extensions for known file types and they are all ISOs... should I leave them like that or change them to GCMs like the others are?
3991.gcimages2.jpg

3) Lastly, NAMES. I've modified the names of some of them to their proper titles, e.g Mario Party 4 was mp4-m3. Will that be a problem? I'm thinking maybe I need to change them back...

I'm sure that those in the know will find this very simple - please help!

I'm guessing this is for use on a GC and not a Wii since you put it in this part of the forums. It depends on what chip or exploit method you are using to boot the backups. Some chips/exploits will have problems with certain images while others will boot and run them fine. Basically you will find that you are going to be wasting some DVD-Rs somewhere along the line. Also if you are using a Viper then you will want to use the -T switch with FSTFIX to align to 32K. Lastly, if you are using a method that doesn't autopatch the sound streaming you will need to use -S on some images.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
groovemeister said:
Sorry, it is a Viper that I'm using.

So, names are OK - if with a Viper, is ISO or GCM needed?

An advice or a list where I can find out about which GC games need what doing to them with it? I found this: http://www.gcwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Fstfix but it's not exactly exhaustive.

ISO and GCM are the same thing -- just named differently.

I've searched before and I wasn't able to find any type of list to go by. It is just trial and error on some games, unfortunately. Most of the time there won't be any problems at all with the original image. If there are then just use -F -T on the image and it should fix the problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1