Preparing for System Transfer with 9.2 Sysnand (Ninjhax)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by durangodoug, Feb 13, 2015.

1. durangodoug
    OP

durangodoug Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    Afghanistan
    Hi there,

I've read through the various threads and see that I have options for downgrading/creating emunand even without having a Gateway card, but I'm wondering if the downgrade is necessary.

Is it possible to create emunand without the Gateway card if my system is on 9.2 firmware? Ideally I'd like to create/update to 9.5 emunand to perform a system transfer to a New 3DS XL and leave my Sysnand untouched.

Would that be feasible? Or will I need to downgrade/buy a Gateway?

Thanks in advance!

2. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    No its not possible. Either downgrade to 4.5 and use MT-Launcher to create emunand or buy a gateway

durangodoug likes this.
  3. durangodoug
    OP

durangodoug Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    Afghanistan
    Ah okay, understood, thank you. Is there any problem with losing saves/games/data during the downgrade process, or should everything be retained?

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    you will loose any 6.x encrypted saves, but you can always make a nand backup, downgrade, setup emunand, do the transfer, then restore your 9.2 backup if thats a big issue for you

5. durangodoug
    OP

durangodoug Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    Afghanistan
    Thanks, appreciate it, but is it possible to do the NAND backup without a Gateway card or other additional hardware?

Fortunately I don't think I have any 6.x encrypted saves (or saves that I care about too much), so it should be a non-issue.

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    yeah the gateway software allows nand backup/restore's without having the gateway card, its pretty much just classic mode and gateway mode that are off limits, everything else works without the card (dont run diagnostics with a retail card in or the save will be wiped)

but if you dont have any games that use 6.x save encryption you can just stay on 4.x and use emunand if you wanted

durangodoug likes this.
  7. durangodoug
    OP

durangodoug Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    Afghanistan
    Oh, okay, that's cool. :) I'll try backing it up tonight and going through with the downgrade/emunand setup. Thanks for all of your help!