Hacking Preparing for System Transfer with 9.2 Sysnand (Ninjhax)

durangodoug

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi there,

I've read through the various threads and see that I have options for downgrading/creating emunand even without having a Gateway card, but I'm wondering if the downgrade is necessary.

Is it possible to create emunand without the Gateway card if my system is on 9.2 firmware? Ideally I'd like to create/update to 9.5 emunand to perform a system transfer to a New 3DS XL and leave my Sysnand untouched.

Would that be feasible? Or will I need to downgrade/buy a Gateway?

Thanks in advance!

durangodoug

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Ah okay, understood, thank you. Is there any problem with losing saves/games/data during the downgrade process, or should everything be retained?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you will loose any 6.x encrypted saves, but you can always make a nand backup, downgrade, setup emunand, do the transfer, then restore your 9.2 backup if thats a big issue for you

durangodoug

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Thanks, appreciate it, but is it possible to do the NAND backup without a Gateway card or other additional hardware?

Fortunately I don't think I have any 6.x encrypted saves (or saves that I care about too much), so it should be a non-issue.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks, appreciate it, but is it possible to do the NAND backup without a Gateway card or other additional hardware?

Fortunately I don't think I have any 6.x encrypted saves (or saves that I care about too much), so it should be a non-issue.
yeah the gateway software allows nand backup/restore's without having the gateway card, its pretty much just classic mode and gateway mode that are off limits, everything else works without the card (dont run diagnostics with a retail card in or the save will be wiped)

but if you dont have any games that use 6.x save encryption you can just stay on 4.x and use emunand if you wanted

Reactions: durangodoug

durangodoug

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Oh, okay, that's cool. :) I'll try backing it up tonight and going through with the downgrade/emunand setup. Thanks for all of your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lo