Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, pros and cons of each
Mega:
Pro: Bigger files, thus faster typing to get more stuff!
Con: ?
Rapid:
Pro: More files hosted, cheaper
Con: More links cause of size limit

So, which do you all think is better?

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think either is a good investment at all, patience can make up for that money that you wish to give these websites.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Will you be pirating Wii games or just regular stuff?
biggrin.gif

If Wii stuff, I suggest Megaupload.
for everything else - Rapidshare.

gotta luv rs
wub.gif

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Megaupload gives free premium everynight at 6PM. (Pacific time) Just download the toolbar (to IE only if you use Firefox or Opera) and when its 6PM, open IE and go to MU then click Happy Hour Premium (while logged in) then download in Firefox.

SoNiC1023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had rapidshare for a couple months and I say its the best. Pair it up with a decent internet connection(I had 8-10 mbps) and a good download accelerator(pretty much every file on rapidshare I was downloading at 700 kbps to 1 MBps) and you will be good to go. To bad I moved and now I only have 1.5mbps =(

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
depends what you want really.

Anime, wii games -> MU
everything else -> RS

but if you want the watered down specs, MU is better. No d/l limits whatsoever as opposed to RS's 10gb/day limit.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends, the warez board I use (which has a few hundred thousand members) has everything RS, so I use an RS account (you can download multiple files at the same). I've got a 30mbps connection and the max speed I can get from RS is around 1.8MB/s for each file (even if I'm downloading 8 files at a time). I don't really like MU 'cos I can't really find much to download from MU, and I prefer the convenience of RS.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Usenet here as well, some of the stuff does seem to take an hour more to get there compared to some of the latest pump and dump rapidshare jobs but so much nicer.
Price wise you are looking at the same or nominally more.
Speed, The US connections max my UK line with just one connection (two on a bad day and the bad day is 70%).
Quality. Rarely is there a fake file.
Apps and sites for it: several thousand and counting.
Binsearch and newzleech for searching (most of the better torrent/release sites use the same naming and even offer premade NZB files (the usenet equivalent of torrent files)), altbinz (works great under wine by the way) is a good app although there are several others.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a RS premium account, but I get a temporary MU account if I have trouble finding the stuff I want on RS.

If you use MU, I recommend getting RapGet for easy downloading. You can make it login to your account and queue up downloads. One of the things I love about it is that you can copy and paste multiple lines of URLs in to it instead of doing one at a time. RS is supposed to work with it too, but the latest version doesn't work with the redesigned RS website.

So for RS, I found that DownThemAll for Firefox works decently for queuing multiple downloads. You still have to go to every download page and select DTA when its prompts for the download though. Pasting urls won't work.
RS does have it own download manger (check Tools section of their site), but I couldn't get it to install.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
Samutz said:
So for RS, I found that DownThemAll for Firefox works decently for queuing multiple downloads. You still have to go to every download page and select DTA when its prompts for the download though. Pasting urls won't work.
RS does have it own download manger (check Tools section of their site), but I couldn't get it to install.

Need better technique.
If i'm downloading about 80 files from Rapid, or more, I copy all the links into a HTML file (the most basic of basic) and use a macro to add a to the links. Macro makes it fast, may seem like a hassle but that way, I load the page in Firefox, right click, dtaOneClick = all queued.

That is if you've got your settings on direct download.

@OP I use rapidshare to dl stuff, due to the fact a huge warez board seems to prefer it, and i've got everything i've wanted from rs.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MC DUI said:
jalaneme said:
none, get a usenet account

This all day, you would never go back to MU or RS once you've tried usenet.

Try giganews.
This. Usenet it awesome, if you've not tried it, try it out on my sig. You can get a few GB of quota for a few dollars and you can use the free trial of NewsLeecher!

Do it!

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Rehehelly said:
Samutz said:

Need better technique.
If i'm downloading about 80 files from Rapid, or more, I copy all the links into a HTML file (the most basic of basic) and use a macro to add a to the links. Macro makes it fast, may seem like a hassle but that way, I load the page in Firefox, right click, dtaOneClick = all queued.

That is if you've got your settings on direct download.
I tried to do that, but the urls always downloaded the html file (the one containing the "Free or Premium?" speedometers).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1