Hacking Preloader v0.30 Installer / Removal Tool

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have a solution for this bootmii loop?

So, bootmii is selecting system menu (which is really preloader right?). And if preloader is set to autoboot bootmii we get ourselve this dog tail chasing.

One person replied to my initial post of this issue several pages ago suggesting that the preloader setting "return to" should be selected as "system menu"

i am not home now, have not tried it. I will let you know if it works later

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
jaydoc05 said:

So, bootmii is selecting system menu (which is really preloader right?). And if preloader is set to autoboot bootmii we get ourselve this dog tail chasing.

One person replied to my initial post of this issue several pages ago suggesting that the preloader setting "return to" should be selected as "system menu"

How is this a problem? just change the settings of either bootmii or preloader! Why have bootmii configured to boot to the system menu and preloader to boot to bootmii? If you want to boot to bootmii, then disable bootmii autobooting to the system menu

METDeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
Semi-Success, I just got a 512MB micro SD to work in preloader0.30r3. i took it out of my old motorola slivr, did the regular format to fat32 (not quick format). it works i got the Hacks.ini running, Yay! So i then tried the reg formatting on the 4GB SDHC (took about 10 min.), but it did not have the same result.
Still incompatible, i can live with this minor success.

oh yeah the reason it's a success is because, when i tried the quick format the card did not work. after the full format it did.

Did this to my 1GB MicroSD, it then loaded after rebooting the Wii. So I got hacks.ini loaded with the stuff I wanted. I may try doing this with my 4GB SDHC to see if it also becomes un-broken.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
jaydoc05 said:

How is this a problem? just change the settings of either bootmii or preloader! Why have bootmii configured to boot to the system menu and preloader to boot to bootmii? If you want to boot to bootmii, then disable bootmii autobooting to the system menu

As mentioned before... that does not work...

QUOTE said:
thats just allows bootmii to autoboot to the system menu, in your case stop bootmii autoboot with the #... so when you select system menu in boot mii.. back into the loop again..

again as I say there is not problem's booting Bootmii from the preloader menu.. only via the preloaders autoboot settings...

Possible fix, set the autoboot setting to load preloader first, then auto switch to load boot mii IOS.. (as if it was automatically selecting Boot mii IOS from the preloader menu, once preloader is started)

QUOTE(jaydoc05 @ Oct 15 2009, 06:32 PM)

that doesn't work either.. as you say the problem we end up with is 'dog tail chasing' syndrome...

see above for my theory on a possible fix... In theory it should work, as bootmii loads fine via the menu in preloader.. but as for coding.. I will leave that to some who can do....

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:

I guess the point is to create a situation where bootmii IOS to act like bootmii boot2.

As us IOS people feel left out of the "cool" in crowd thing to do.

It would be nice to power on the wii and go right to bootmii.

From there, let me decide on going into HBC or the system menu.

Thats all I want to do.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
jaydoc05 said:
xflak40 said:

I guess the point is to create a situation where bootmii IOS to act like bootmii boot2.

It would be nice to power on the wii and go right to bootmii.

From there, let me decide on going into HBC or the system menu.

Thats all I want to do.

some1 correct me if i am wrong, but I think no matter what they come up with for preloader... booting to bootmii IOS will always be reliant on preloader. So whether you boot to preloader then choose to load bootmii as IOS, or automatically boot preloader then automatically boot bootmii makes no difference, u lose preloader, u lose access to bootmii as IOS. I guess you can't join the "cool" crowd, but its all good; keep the good idea's coming and we'll make u an honorary member
wink.gif

FiveseveN

Trophies
XP
Country
jaydoc05 said:

This is not Highschool

Posts merged

QUOTE(xflak40 @ Oct 15 2009, 01:53 PM) I guess you can't join the "cool" crowd, but its all good; keep the good idea's coming and we'll make u an honorary member
wink.gif

Agreed

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why the heck would you set anything to autoboot bootmii anyway? It's only used to make and restore nand dumps...

Is there something else that can only be launched via bootmii?

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
urherenow said:
why the heck would you set anything to autoboot bootmii anyway? It's only used to make and restore nand dumps...

Is there something else that can only be launched via bootmii?

for ultimate brick protection I guess... providing you haven't corrupted the system menu of course...

oh and to feel as being part of the in boot2 crowd lol.....

henkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I updated to 4.2e with waninoko update 4.2.
Installed preloader v0.3, there where no errors.
All seems to work, loads sys menu, hb channel from sd-card and bootmii.

If I go to system menu hacks I get "couldnt find any hacks for system menu v482"

I remember, few months back when I was on sys menu 3.4e and installed preloader v0.29, I could set some options like, skip disc update check.

Did I do something wrong or forgot anything?

FiveseveN

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Oct 15 2009, 02:16 PM)
FiveseveN said:
QUOTE(jono@home @ Oct 15 2009, 02:00 PM) oh and to feel as being part of the in boot2 crowd lol.....

Now it's officially Highschool

i was joking... hence the lol

I know I was with you no doubt!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after reading the whole thread, I never found where the whole "failed to read ticket...ABORT" was solved.....was it? If so, the first post should be updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1