Preloader v0.30 Installer / Removal Tool

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by phpgeek, Oct 13, 2009.

1. phpgeek
    OP

phpgeek GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2009
    First page updated with links to revision 4. I've been busy on another project, but this revision is mainly to deal with those users experiencing issues using SDHC cards. I hope to address the dol loading issues this weekend.

/phpgeek

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    phpgeek, u must be working hard on this to continue developing new revisions practically every day, you are THE MAN

Thanks! And thanks to Daco and Crediar!

3. Daco

Daco Banned

Banned
    Oct 15, 2007
    Belgium
    earth
    ive actually mailed him about that already

4. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Have you guys actually had a convo about teaming up? Not really any of my business, I'm just curious, sounds like you're trying to get a hold of him but not having any luck.

5. mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    What I meant was when your in preloader and you go to the option to install a file the new version only allows you to install the .dol from an sd card. Previous version allowed to install a file from usb device as well. I have .dol files for usbloaders on my usb drive and sometimes switch between and like to load a different one. I want to be able to load the file into the nand using preloader but get the file from usb device. I hope this clears this up. Also once I installed the new version of preloader I put the .dol files I wanted to load on an sd card and could not get them to install using preloader. It finally got to the point where when booting up all I could get was the preloader menu and a black screen which just had 4.1u in the bottom right corner. I gave up and rolled everything back. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had issues or did I somehow do something wrong when installing this. I didn't do anything special just installed the latest version and rebooted.

6. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    what do u mean "It finally got to the point where when booting up all I could get was the preloader menu and a black screen which just had 4.1u in the bottom right corner."

how did that happen? You lost the preloader menu? From there you should be able to boot to the system menu, unless u did something fishy

7. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 1, 2007
    United States

check your hacks that are enabled.When i installed this on my 4.2 wii i had the same thing happen.Anytime i tried to boot system menu i would get a black screen with 4.2usa in the corner.

Check for Recovery Mode (D-Pad Up 4th GC)

Force Standard Recovery Mode

It happens because previous hacks are in the slot where the new ones are or something like this.It was explained earlier in thread by xzxero.

I just disabled all hacks saved them and rebooted the system and then applied the hacks i wanted.

8. mgrimmenator

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    I could get to preloader. I could not install a file to autoboot. If i set option to boot to system menu I would just get a black screen with the 4.1u. I think what happened is when I tried to install the dol file I got the screen with a code dump on like hex or something and it froze up. When I rebooted thats when all the probs started happening. I could go to system menu or load any usb loader. I could go to homebrew but thats it. That's when I just rolled everthing back by down grading and going back to v.29 with 4.1u and all the other stuff. I am back to working fine again but it sure was strange.

9. mgrimmenator

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    That sounds logical since I just upgraded from .29 to .30 with whatever hacks I had before. I was just worried that this version needed something from 4.2u that i didn't have, like some new ios or something. And since I'm not upgrading to 4.2u might have been the problem. I'll think about trying again.

10. phpgeek
    OP

phpgeek GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2009
    I don't see how we could fix the second one? Check your e-mail!

Anyway, what's all this daco bashing going on around this board?

Facts[*]99.99% of the source code is crediars work[*]crediar is responsible for the white on blue[*]i have changed very little, other than what's in my change logs[*]if daco did not write the mods i used then i would have written them myself[*]if i didn't buid an installer for preloader then daco would have written one himself
    The whole reason I'm working on this at the minute is because I like preloader. I will get bored of it very soon and even if I do it's all open source, so someone else can easily add things or take things away. I have been developing apps for over 20 years spanning several languages and I seriously can't be bothered with all this dev v dev nonsense which simply doesn't exist! If you like daco's buid use his, if you like mine, use mine, if you like someone elses then use theirs. Me and daco get along just fine and as for working together I would be happy too, but I don't see this as being a long term project. I would be more interested in building something similar from the ground up. Once my son is happy with how his wii works then I will be happy to stop and move on. You can't take credit for building upon open source code by it's very nature so please stop with any daco bashing that's going on out there. *peace*

/phpgeek

11. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Maybe I've been living under a rock, but I never experienced the disk spin error. I can't seem to find any details on it other than that it exists... what exactly is the error? The disk just spins for no reason while in preloader, or ALL the time?

12. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    it was a back in the day error.
    the disc would still be spinning even though your wii was off.
    i heard it was fixed in .29 final but some users claim it still exists

13. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    that explains it, I never bothered with preloader b4 0.29 final. Thanks man.

14. Daco

Daco Banned

Banned
    Oct 15, 2007
    Belgium
    earth
    if all goes well nobody should have the ticket error soon.
    in theory that is. cause i dont have bootmii as boot2 i can't test the installer fully >_>

*copies this to my topic eventho they should be merged*

15. CasperH

CasperH Newbie

Kudos if you can fix the drive always spins bug [​IMG]

16. G0dLiKe

G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

Aug 2, 2009
    United States
    Is it just me that has ECC failures when backing up his Nand since IInstallation of preloader 0.30?

Didnt have this error before... Just wondering.

17. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    read like 2 posts above, it was fixed in the final version of 0.29. Are u personally experiencing this on 0.30?

18. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    im doin a NAND backup now using IOS so ill let you no

P.S Rev4 fixed my SDHC support prob now i dont need to swap SD's about

19. CasperH

CasperH Newbie

It isn't fixed here

20. G0dLiKe

G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

Aug 2, 2009
    United States
    OK, I´m restoring to pre- preloader Nand, then backing up again too see if it is there... I´m pretty sure that it has something to do with what preloader writes to the Nand. I didnt install anything else than preloader so what should it be...?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted