Hacking Preloader v0.30 Installer / Removal Tool

scottyd33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're getting the "cannot read ticket" error try installing .29 JODI. I had .29 and got the error, then tried .29 JODI. That installed successfully so I tried .30 - no problems. .30 is now running perfectly.

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
yer i have IOS60 im pretty sure its the one being used in preolaoder since thats what it says at the bottom. all i did was update my previous install btw, which was working fine till HBC changed to JODI or wahtever. Also im on 4.1E, i was gonna update a while back but decided against it.

Btw, just so i dont make another topic, can i install bootmii as ios (i dont have a vulnerable boot1 or wahtever) while preloader is installed, i've heard it can cause conflicts or even brick but im not sure.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what happened but I cannot load USB Loader GX anywhere - not just in Autoboot! It worked fine the last time I tried it (but I don't know when that was) and going back to 0.29 didn't help! I tried loading it in the forwarder channel I have and directly in the HBC and all I get is a black screen freeze! What did I do?! What can I do?

Edit: Nevermind - I copied the latest version from the Google revision site and it worked! Phew! Maybe the last time I updated, I got a revision that had problems and never tried it again to see there was a problem until now. Or perhaps not - just speculating! Least it works - and most likely is not a Preloader issue.

I do feel like 0.30 is not as SNAPPY as 0.29 is in terms of loading the Crazy intro dol, and rebooting back to the System Menu, etc. Is it just me, or do others find that too? I realize that 0.30 is still getting the kinks worked out and I cannot expect perfection, but maybe it's just me!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try using nand clean (& maybe reinstalling sys menu wad), maybe something got screwed up when you tried installing the gxforwarder.dol "file" while u were using 0.30, I don't know. But if that doesn't work, just restore your nand using bootmii! good ol' bootmii to the rescue once again (fyi, and this isn't really directed at anyone in particular, but plz don't test out software like this if you don't have a nand back up and bootmii installed (preferably as boot2).

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@borissaid i tried both of your last 2 suggestions the second 1 first because it seemed the quickest. i got the message can not find sd card. after which i started up HBC and loaded one of my emulators with no prob. so then i tried the first of reformatting, low a behold still no change. it's a couple of day till pay day and i can afford a normal SD card, so till then i'll have preloader .30 minus the hacks.
sleep.gif

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
harveychan said:
mariomaniac33 said:
mariomaniac33 said:
Great job, phpgeek!
yay.gif

Unfortunately, I seem to be experiencing a bug though. I know the program is still in the testing phase, but I'd figure that I'd let you know, since I don't think anyone else has reported it yet.

At first, Preloader 0.30 worked great for me, but now my Wii crashes (shuts down) upon boot.
wacko.gif
I've found that the bug is a problem with the "Shutdown to: " option as if I set this to preloader, it goes to preloader instead of crashing.

My guess is that preloader is assuming that my Wii is returning to preloader, rather than booting to preloader. Perhaps this problem could be linked to the new settings file or something? I've tried resaving all of the settings, but still, no dice.
unsure.gif

Just throwing this out there. Hopefully you can fix whatever's causing it by the time you release the source
wink2.gif

By the way, is anyone else experiencing this problem? I think I started to experience it after I saved my settings through 0.30....
This bug still exists
frown.gif
. I think it has something to do with the settings, autobooting to a dol, and having preloader set to off all at the same time. This bug was introduced with the new settings, as it works fine on 0.29.
im haveing the same problem wwhen drying to boot boot.dol files it just turns the wii off to stand by whats the bug all about

are you referring to the gxforwarder.dol?????
Nope. ANY DOL that is autobooted causes preloader 0.30 to crash. By the way, I have confirmed that it is the SETTINGS. If you downgrade to preloader 0.29 and do not resave your settings, the problem will continue to annoy you. You must resave your settings to fix this problem. This is due to the new settings.h being coded incorrectly.

Crediar himself did not update the settings.h, someone else did. Whoever did most likely intended to fix the bugs that were in Crediar's code, but instead, introduced a series of new bugs. As a result, this code is too buggy to be released to the general public and most likely has not been thoughouly tested. Crediar's code is better as of now... no offense intended to anyone.

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last time I installed preloader 0.30, it could not autostart the installed (non-forwarding) wiiflow1.1R12.dol, it would codedump. It would also codedump when choosing to start installed file. It could however load this same dol when I loaded it through the install/load file menu.

In 0.29 it all works fine.

Is this fixed in 0.30 now?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
noobwarrior7 said:
xflak40 said:
Wii WON'T START ON AFTER INSTALLING PRELOADER 0.30??? SOLUTION HERE!!!!!!!!!!
-I've posted this twice already and ppl are still asking, so listen up and spread the word!

-hold reset as wii is powering on to access preloader
-go to homebrew channel
-uninstall preloader by reinstalling your system menu wad (look into NUS downloader if u don't know where 2 find this)
-run nand clean, say yes through ALL the steps (totally safe, done it a thousand times)
-your wii is now preloader free... time to fix that! Reinstall preloader 0.30 (or 0.29 JODI), be sure to hold B as you press either + or - in order to run the installer using IOS249.
-1 PROBLEM SOLVED

wrong. your solution is only a solution if it makes the app work as advertised. the app is advertised to work for installing over previous installation including older versions, which is not what you are asking people to do.
right now the app description is incorrect, it is relatively likely to fail at "updating" an existing installation.
I'm sure the fix won't be impossible to do, but if this is going to continue to be listed as a feature, than it is a bug until it is fixed.

Well excuse me for helping people get 0.30 working on their wii's. Whether or not it can 100% correctly update an older version doesn't REALLY matter, what matters is that it works half the time, and if it doesn't work, you're not bricked, you can still access homebrew, uninstall preloader the old fashioned way, then reinstall it using the 0.30 installer. Granted it would be nice if preloader uninstalled everything the way the nandclean+sysmenuwad method can, but common man... cut the coders some slack, they'll work any "bugs" (if you can call them that). And as always there's a workaround... look up and you'll see it!

I wasn't picking on or rushing anyone or making any demands.
You claimed you'd "already posted the solution" and people should stop asking and just read your solution.
...But that is not the point, you posted a "solution" that doesn't involve the program actually working as intended.
Acting like a program is flawless when it has flaws isn't loyalty, it's silly.
I could care less if the program does exactly what it's supposed to, but the author AND DEFINITELY potential downloaders do care.
Your solution is just exactly what everyone else has done for every other binary release of preloader,
so please, don't be pompous...you got thanks from people who just wanted a workaround, and that's great.
If the cIOS was supposed to load burnt games but failed for some reasonable percentage of people, would you be one of those just telling people, "omg just buy a modchip"? Cause those people who do that are annoying.

harveychan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to every 1 i reinstalled preloader and it works fine agine . something about 3.0... any ways jodi patched 2.9 is proble the best bet for most as of now

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
manaphy4ever said:
they said failed to get root, abort mission any1 can help?

Install preloader 0.29(does the es_verify automated) first and then preloader 0.30. At least this is what I did to succeed.

phpgeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
panmusic said:
?f the first revision of 0.30 works fine,is there any risk or danger to install rev2?

No, though if rev 1 works fine for you there's no need to install rev 2 if you're happy with rev 1 or you could try rev 2 and if you're not happy with it install rev 1 again
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol