Hacking preloader v0.1 by crediar

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Damnnnn.....Can't we all just get along!!!
yaypsp.gif

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
IronMask said:
So anyone manage to get a 3.2u compatible version of Preloader? Because personally, I could care less if I ever use BootMii... It sounds like a big dud to me. And first and foremost... Marcan, don't release the source to your BootMii unless you plan to see it modified and renamed BootFrii. I have done exactly what I came to do with a Wii and now all the rest is just the icing on the cake. Furthermore, Marcan.. why don't you close your account now?! We all know that your a closet pirate.

calm down people

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
anyway, back on topic: i can't seem to load dols. load installed dols also doesn't work, but installing a dol was succesfull, it got installed as main.dol, but i don't know where he saves it. btw, people thinking starfall got overwriten with installing preloader are wrong! it still works to hold the y button to get into the recovery mode and i can still boot discs from it. even the health warning screen seems to keep away.

i deleted the whole preloader by installing system menu 3.2e by wad and then installed it again without starfall, and all of the starfall patches didn't work. so it DOESN'T remove the patches!

BUT, if preloader is installed, you CANNOT remove/add patches to starfall, cause starfall cannot be booted anymore. so all the patching must be done before the whole preloader install...

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i thought so too :-) but you must be sure to patch the system menu with starfall before installing preloader...

btw off topic: could it be that usa channels doesn't boot because of the rgb cables i use? i used the starfall channel region free patch, but for some reason it just doesn't boot them... even if i patch the channel to region free or pal... had the problem with tetris party which only works with pal version, and now i have the same problem with big kahuna party usa version...

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgod,
done a crap load of reading on this, use free the wad on it and then install it should work just fine then
if you have already tried that try finging it in your region other then that i dont know

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
goku1980 said:
fgod,
done a crap load of reading on this, use free the wad on it and then install it should work just fine then
if you have already tried that try finging it in your region other then that i dont know
PRELOADER ISNT A WAD!!!!!

Posts merged

QUOTE(IronMask @ Dec 18 2008, 05:45 PM) So if I was to inject this dol into a wad and then use frii the wads I could possibly change this to be compatible with a 3.2u menu?

I mean that does sound pretty logical right?
it sounds logical but only the header of the wad changes
the app itself stays E

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
by the way,talked to crediar about the 0.21 Update

HE RELEASES it when his wii is unbricked and it basicly doesnt do anything new exept adding NTSC/U support!

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
quincy_xD said:
goku1980 said:
fgod,
PRELOADER ISNT A WAD!!!!!

that's why i said off topic... you must have overlooked that... i just didn't want to open a threat on this...

btw, free the wads didn't help on this, so i think i should indeed wait for the pal release then...

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pal ntsc y cant we just have a counsle where its the same as europe as in the usa or jap so homebrew/offical software ect....

back to topic im glad i didnt install this 33% chance of a brick is to high i mean 10% is a flip a coin situation but i got to give these guys respect they work their ass off to bring us kick ass hb

SanGor

Witchhunter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
goku1980 said:
pal ntsc y cant we just have a counsle where its the same as europe as in the usa or jap so homebrew/offical software ect....

back to topic im glad i didnt install this 33% chance of a brick is to high i mean 10% is a flip a coin situation but i got to give these guys respect they work their ass off to bring us kick ass hb

the brickchance isn't really 33%, to the time it got made three people tried it and one got bricked(crediar).
But from what I have seen and heard there hasn't been caused another brick by preloader, who knows what crediar did to his wii before he installed preloader.
Though you should still wait for a real release!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good